Join for free
Page 17 of 22 « First < 7 15 16 17 18 19 > Last »
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2019, 01:20 PM

Re: Here Comes Boris' Deal

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
The media may well have played their usual Remain job of showing the second vote crowd in London yesterday, but as I am sick of saying, London is not the rest of the country.
Protesters came from all over the UK. You don't think londoners dare to go outside with all that crime going on in their streets?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2019, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Before 19th October ?

It will be done on 19th October ...
You were right. He did sent his letter.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

20-10-2019, 02:09 PM

No it isn't - look at what we have done so far. The UK doesn't burn coal anymore in its power stations, we lead the world in battery technology, we have a policy for no diesel or petrol cars by 2030, we recycle more now than we ever have done etc etc.

Your on the band-wagon - climate change organisations and climate change protesters are the biggest hypocrites.

All Extinction Rebellion is about is "adults being naughty" :lo]l:
Yeah, I can see you needed a hard hand to stop being naughty. Luckily there was an EU and ECJ to put you on the correct path. No wonder you want to escape that jurisdiction.

EUcourt rules UK government must clean up dangerous air pollution
https://www.theguardian.com/environm...-air-pollution
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2019, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Yeah, I can see you needed a hard hand to stop being naughty. Luckily there was an EU and ECJ to put you on the correct path. No wonder you want to escape that jurisdiction.

EUcourt rules UK government must clean up dangerous air pollution
https://www.theguardian.com/environm...-air-pollution

It's way behind the world leaders.

It's just words
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

20-10-2019, 02:18 PM

It's way behind the world leaders.

It's just words
If only boris' word were that good!
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2019, 02:38 PM

Protesters came from all over the UK. You don't think londoners dare to go outside with all that crime going on in their streets?
Percentage ? It's all to do with percentages isn't it ?
Good job ' Extinction Rebellion' weren't on the streets at the same time !

Apparently 42 coaches came from outside London... that equates to how many people ? Not many !

We don't listen to Londoner's any longer. They are a nation on their own. Mostly foreign or of foreign descent and they can parade around London as much as they like, but they needn't bother coming north . Their life- style does not equate to the remainder of England, in any way .
(Not even interested in Scotland they can stay in the EU if they want ) Take their smelly fish with them.
As for 'workers rights' ! What a load of nonsense. Once we have our laws, rules, jurisdiction, and sovereignty back, we can improve , change or dissolve any 'workers rights' the EU seem to have collared as their own.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

20-10-2019, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
As for 'workers rights' ! What a load of nonsense. Once we have our laws, rules, jurisdiction, and sovereignty back, we can improve , change or dissolve any 'workers rights' the EU seem to have collared as their own.
Then you cannot be against boris/may's deal, as that is concerned with stopping diminishing of worker's rights, and you only want to improve them. A true Labour streak in you it seems.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2019, 02:57 PM

Then you cannot be against boris/may's deal, as that is concerned with stopping diminishing of worker's rights, and you only want to improve them. A true Labour streak in you it seems.
I think the Unions will sort it out. It's a load of more scaremongering. UK lead the way on 'workers rights ', and they were much better years ago. So far as I'm concerned , we had far better workers rights in the 70's,80's and early 90'sThen things changed and continued to go downhill.

Yes they would be better improved, when people are now expected to work 12 hour shift on 7 days a week. Other's up to 7hr shifts without a lunch hour, and different shift patterns over 5 weeks rotas, thus not enabling people to take a second job if they needed too, which many do. Six month temporary contracts, then out on their ears... Do they have the same working conditions in Holland ? They don't in London where they have champagne bars in Railway stations, and wining and dining every night, and a quick snort of this or that, whilst others don't finish until 11pm, then go home to make a meal and back in work at 9pm the next morning, when they've had to get their children organised and into school.

No I' not and never will be Labour supporter , but I can see things from both sides of the fence having lived and worked amongst a cross section of society, from the top to the bottom.

I don't remember saying I was against Boris's deal. If I had my way it would be 'no deal ' let all the nasty shits have a heat attack.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2019, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Percentage ?
We don't listen to Londoner's any longer. They are a nation on their own. Mostly foreign or of foreign descent and they can parade around London as much as they like, but they needn't bother coming north . Their life- style does not equate to the remainder of England, in any way .
So are the Prime Minister, Home Secretary and Chancellor of the Exchequer. Does your prejudice extend to them?

Incidentally it is the taxpayers of London and the South East are subsidising the North who are net takers and whinge about contributing to the EU when in reality they are takers. However, if the economic forecasts regarding Boris’s Brexit deal are even remotely true then the subsidy may dry up
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2019, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
So are the Prime Minister, Home Secretary and Chancellor of the Exchequer. Does your prejudice extend to them?

Incidentally it is the taxpayers of London and the South East are subsidising the North who are net takers and whinge about contributing to the EU when in reality they are takers. However, if the economic forecasts regarding Boris’s Brexit deal are even remotely true then the subsidy may dry up

Not more economic forecasts from the experts

Page 17 of 22 « First < 7 15 16 17 18 19 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top