Join for free
Page 4 of 17 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2019, 10:41 PM

Re: Time for Nigel to organise?

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
I’ve not begged anyone for a referendum but I do think a binding confirmatory referendum is the best way to resolve the deadlock and it should be fair to all so maybe two stage binary questions

A general election nay well not solve anything

However I do accept that a confirmatory referendum will Most likely never happen as leavers mate not confident a majority still exists

You are begging ... a confirmatory referendum is a second referendum and you havent shut up about it ever since I first started posting on here

Move to dublin
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2019, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Well, rumour has it that Ken Clark would recommend an amendment for 16 and 17 years olds to be eligible for voting if a bill is brought to call for a general election.
A confirmatory move to prove how desperately worried they are about a general election.

To do that, wouldn't they have to reduce the age of majority from 18 to 16?

The other thing they'd have to manage is to somehow convince these children to put down their computer games and smartphones for a while to bother to go to their polling station!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2019, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
A confirmatory move to prove how desperately worried they are about a general election.

To do that, wouldn't they have to reduce the age of majority from 18 to 16?

The other thing they'd have to manage is to somehow convince these children to put down their computer games and smartphones for a while to bother to go to their polling station!
Isn't it so that scots can vote at 16? Are they more mature at that age than their english, welsh and irish counterparts? (less smartphones there)
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2019, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Isn't it so that scots can vote at 16? Are they more mature at that age than their english, welsh and irish counterparts? (less smartphones there)
Scottish students come to the UK to study in English and Welsh universities.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2019, 04:04 PM

You are begging ... a confirmatory referendum is a second referendum and you havent shut up about it ever since I first started posting on here
Why are you afraid of it?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2019, 04:38 PM

I don't recall the Tories chickening out of a General Election. It is the opposition parties that have spent the last 3.5 years trying to stop Brexit that have been quaking in their boots at the prospect of facing their Leave constituents, as they know once out of their cosy London bubble, they are finished and out of a job. Hence the wailing from them about having a second referendum. Even if they lose for a second time, they still won't have been found accountable for their treachery and abject cowardice.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

24-10-2019, 05:05 PM

Why are you afraid of it?
Because I know it would be rigged. Thats why your so desperate to have one, you just can't cope with not getting the answer you wanted the first time so you want to change the question to rig the result for remain. Its the same reason your Lib Dem mates are scared of a general election. You would lose again, by a much bigger margin than last time.

I take it you would be in favour of a confirmatory vote if Bill Cash wrote the question yes ?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2019, 05:18 PM

Scottish students come to the UK to study in English and Welsh universities.
A remark totally beside the mark. 🤡
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2019, 10:32 PM

Because I know it would be rigged. Thats why your so desperate to have one, you just can't cope with not getting the answer you wanted the first time so you want to change the question to rig the result for remain. Its the same reason your Lib Dem mates are scared of a general election. You would lose again, by a much bigger margin than last time.

I take it you would be in favour of a confirmatory vote if Bill Cash wrote the question yes ?

How could a two stage binary referendum be rigged if the primary choice were leave or remain and if leave prevailed the secondary voice would be for whatever deal was on the table or leave with no deal and the bill for the referendum making it binding

Whilst on the subject of being rigged, donyou mean like the first one that the courts would have annulled if it had been binding

You certainly are you scared of a confirmatory referendum aren’t you
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

24-10-2019, 11:10 PM

How could a two stage binary referendum be rigged if the primary choice were leave or remain and if leave prevailed the secondary voice would be for whatever deal was on the table or leave with no deal and the bill for the referendum making it binding

Whilst on the subject of being rigged, donyou mean like the first one that the courts would have annulled if it had been binding

You certainly are you scared of a confirmatory referendum aren’t you

We did that in 2016

You lost and you keep on shouting at the rain.. :loll

Page 4 of 17 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top