Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2019, 11:28 PM

Re: Are Our Lives Controlled By Time?

Time matters, especially if you have a dodgy ticker.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2019, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Time controls us doesn’t it? Could you survive without knowing the time?

Would you be prepared to dump your watches and clocks and just depend on light and dark?

We couldn’t could we? This is why l believe our lives might be controlled by time.

Do you agree?
Did that when I was 57, I was at work when I decided that enough was enough, I retired right there..jumped in my car, wound down the window and threw my watch away, it was a cheapy...I am now 75, and only just bought a new watch last month.
Nothing in my life is time dependent.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2019, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Did that when I was 57, I was at work when I decided that enough was enough, I retired right there..jumped in my car, wound down the window and threw my watch away, it was a cheapy...I am now 75, and only just bought a new watch last month.
Rehab, is that a "Wind Up"
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2019, 09:28 AM

Time waits for no man -

but it has to wait for some of the others.

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2019, 09:46 AM

One of the joys of retirement is many of us are no longer controlled by time.

I don't wear a watch and rarely look at a clock, both Chloe and I have inbuilt clocks which alert us to approaching meal/walk times.
I like it that way
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2019, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Rehab, Did you get muddled and you should have wound your watch up, not wound the window down?

I feel more sorry for the passing cyclist that your watch hit. Did you visit him in hospital?
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2019, 10:13 AM

We are necessarily governed by time even if we would prefer to ignore it. Time gives some sort of order to life. Everyone would be all over the place without it.

Ignoring time can be done to a greater degree once retired but we still have to keep appointment times, arrange times to meet up with others, know when shops/offices are going to be open etc.

Anyway, it's time I was having a shave and getting ready to ride along to the allotment.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2019, 10:19 AM

Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
Fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your hometown
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2019, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Rehab, is that a "Wind Up"
... No it’s quite true, I did retire at 57...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2019, 03:21 PM

I hate looking at the clock when I get up during the night for a tinkle. Once I have looked, that means I will usually lay there worrying about going back to sleep; but I find it sooooo difficult not to have a little look.

'I'm not going to look, I'm not going to look....Oooooo! I looked'

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top