Join for free
Page 7 of 18 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2019, 12:29 PM

Re: Breaking news! (London Bridge attack)

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Why can’t we take innovative action seeing as the bleeding hearts will not countenance capital punishment
Put all these terrorists on one of the outer Shetland island for life .
Drop a load of supplies by helicopter once a month.
Including a few cooking knives
Let them live or die with each other .
Decommissioned North sea oil or gas platform no security needed, would be ideal.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2019, 12:38 PM

It was the Tory government who removed the indeterminate sentence and reduced police presence on the streets .

The court of appeal should all be brought to brook to explain their actions.
I think you may find if you check, that it was the the European Court of Human rights who removed Indeterminate Prison Sentences. Under pressure from Left Wing Media and pressure groups.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2019, 12:55 PM

I read, that one of the heroes that tackled the terrorist was a convicted murderer and was out on day release.

The hero, carrying away the knife was lucky he wasn’t shot too!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2019, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Trouble is Aerolor, in America they can expect the death penalty but they still do it....These people have no respect for life including their own. They would be hailed a hero in their own ranks.
Who cares if they are hailed a hero in their own ranks? In the USA there are too many appeals( which is just a name for the criminal trying to avoid the death penalty) and this demonstrates that death is something that none of them want

I would hope that the UK would make sure that their death took place quickly, because in these cases their is no question of whether they are guilty or not.
If we keep filling prisons with murderers, we don't have the space that the USA have so we will be pressured to release them, to kill again!
I find it hard to believe that anybody thinks it would be wiser to keep them in prison, because eventually they will find a way to kill the prison guards & maybe escape.

We are all too used to having prisons that keep criminals under control &, if these killers have no respect for their own lives, they are unlikely to have respect for the guards who are keeping them under control.
If the police hadn't shot this terrorist ( in effect a death penalty without trial) he could have killed others.
Why are we so scared of the criticism, that may occur, just because we kill somebody who is known to have killed an innocent person?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2019, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
It would appear that far too many of those committing these terrible terrorist offences are later found to be known to the authorities in one way or another. What is going wrong that this can keep happening year in and year out?

Our procedures somehow need to be changed so that this does not keep happening. What this means in effect I have no idea, that is for others to decide and implement.

It must be very difficult for police to monitor all those who are 'known' to them, there are I believe hundreds of them. Perhaps this should start by having more strict methods of deterring and punishing those who would at a later date commit these atrocities. That's a whole different area but one that is lacking in so many areas of crime in this country nowadays – make the punishment fit the crime.

Latest BBC News item on the link below:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50610215
On an LBC discussion last night a former Police chief said that there were approximately 10,000 suspects and it would take 3 million police to monitor them in an effective way.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2019, 01:32 PM

Those electronic tags are rubbish .
branded on the forehead would be better .
No not with a hot iron I’m not that inhumane .
A simple T in indelible ink .
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2019, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
On an LBC discussion last night a former Police chief said that there were approximately 10,000 suspects and it would take 3 million police to monitor them in an effective way.
10,000 and they walk amongst us ? That is very frightening.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2019, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I read, that one of the heroes that tackled the terrorist was a convicted murderer and was out on day release.

The hero, carrying away the knife was lucky he wasn’t shot too!
That’s true he was a murderer .
Another one at the meeting
The man with the knife was I believe an off duty policeman - I thought the same it was lucky he wasn’t shot !
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

30-11-2019, 01:36 PM

There is a discussion about this on LBC now with Majid Nawaz.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2019, 01:43 PM

The man with the knife was I believe an off duty policeman - I thought the same it was lucky he wasn’t shot !
I suspected something of the sort . Have you a link for that Muddy?

Page 7 of 18 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top