Join for free
Page 9 of 18 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2019, 02:52 PM

Re: Breaking news! (London Bridge attack)

All nations need to adopt the policy of not releasing the names, motives, or affiliations of any suspect.

Let these subhumans suffer their martyrdom or cause in futile anonymity.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2019, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Not a surprise

The terrorist was a student of Islamist hate preacher Anjem Choudary also walking about free .

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/london-bri...093450970.html
To me, it seems odd that we (UK) are happy to put away our mass murdering UK psychopaths , such as Brady, & various others, for the rest of their lives, but, when it comes to mass murdering religious psychopaths, who generally do much more carnage, we hand out sentences where they can, eventually, get back out and do it again.

It's also odd that out wonderful Psychiatrists cannot properly assess these people as being still dangerous as they go through their prison sentences.

An old friend of mine thought that these religious heroes/ murderers, who are taught that they can have a glorious life in heaven, with their own choice of virgins, should be buried under a pig sty. Apparently they wouldn't look forward to that!

But nothing changes.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2019, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I thought the same, dongle.
It could have looked bad when he ran away waving that knife about.
As you say, lucky he wasn't shot, too.
To be honest, I don't think there are many women who would 'get stuck in' the way those brave civilians did yesterday. There are not many females of our age who would have the strength or fortitude to do what they did.

Personally, at my age with a slight disability, i.e forgotten what it is like to run! I would without doubt, be among the panicking crowd trying to get away from the danger.

Sad but true.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2019, 04:39 PM

One of the people who was murdered was a young man who believed in rehabilitation for prisoners.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...onference.html
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2019, 04:40 PM

Oh, the irony.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2019, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I read, that one of the heroes that tackled the terrorist was a convicted murderer and was out on day release.

The hero, carrying away the knife was lucky he wasn’t shot too!

Funny you should say that Art, because I was talking to a chap at the check-out in M & S this afternoon, and he was telling me his nephew was there when the attack happened in 2017.
He also told me the same as you said, that the man who tacked the terrorist was an ex-criminal himself.
He didn't say anything about him being on day release, just that he was an ex-con.

That could explain why he wasn't afraid of the violence, maybe he was used to it in prison, so jumped in to tackle him while others legged it?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2019, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
To be honest, I don't think there are many women who would 'get stuck in' the way those brave civilians did yesterday. There are not many females of our age who would have the strength or fortitude to do what they did.

Personally, at my age with a slight disability, i.e forgotten what it is like to run! I would without doubt, be among the panicking crowd trying to get away from the danger.

Sad but true.

I agree Shroppy, not a lot us women could do, especially at our age.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2019, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
One of the people who was murdered was a young man who believed in rehabilitation for prisoners.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...onference.html
His father is rightly proud of his son, nobody could have I imagined this scenario.

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Would you personally as a member of the public approach and take on a person armed with a knife ? It has since been described that members of the public held this person down after a man holding a knife ran away .
Truthful answers please.

Some might call it bravery but I call it foolsishness.
Fight or Flight, with no time to think, their actions were survival instinct, spontaneous. A split second in life or death situation, they have probably saved lives of people they will never know.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2019, 08:34 PM

The murderer may have done a brave act today but 15 years ago he strangled a young girl and then slit her throat .
Her family didn’t even know he was out .
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2019, 09:14 PM

The event was a rehabilitation workshop. So it's not surprising there were criminals or ex criminals there. I'm not sure the murderer was attending but it would make sense as he was on a day's leave.

With his tag the terrorist would have been tracked to only permitted locations. So he used a prison service sanctioned event as a way to commit this atrocity. He must have planned this for months, deliberately booking a workshop which he would be encouraged to attend. My question is why would he ever have been let out after only a few years. Terrorists should not be let out early without close supervision and by that I mean the 15 police we were talking about earlier. I can't believe that prisoners/ex prisoners were not checked by security when entering such an event.

The hero who grabbed the Narwhal tusk was a Polish-born chef who works at Fishmonger house where the rehabilitation workshop was being hosted.

Page 9 of 18 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top