Join for free
Page 11 of 18 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 11:47 AM

Re: Breaking news! (London Bridge attack)

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Clearly not else two people would not have been murdered .
The police have roaming terrorist units in London hence their prompt response .
Too late for the people who were stabbed and murdered
Their hands are tied somewhat when they see a suicide vest. They cannot tell whether it's fake right away.

The question is why was he let out, unsurpervised and not searched at the venue.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 12:05 PM

The outcome of this loon's actions will most likely be that the others who have been released under licence will find it much harder to undertake similar actions, and that those currently imprisoned will have to serve the full term. As such, he's shot his idealogical processes in the foot and unwittingly done us all a huge favour.

There will also be a huge knock on effect in relation to overseas loons returning to these shores.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Their hands are tied somewhat when they see a suicide vest. They cannot tell whether it's fake right away.

The question is why was he let out, unsurpervised and not searched at the venue.
Of course their hands aren't tied that's why he's dead and thankfully not costing us thousands per year for the rest of his worthless life .

Sadly it has cost two completely innocent people their lives and pain and suffering
to three others
cuphalffull
North East UK
cuphalffull is female  cuphalffull has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
Yes Muddy. I agree. They can all entertain each other.
Yes, keep Londoners safe, to hell with the Shetland Islanders..
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 12:34 PM

There are 300 Islands up in the Shetlands only 16 are occupied .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 01:20 PM

I am sick of hearing mealy-mouthed platitudes from so many people 'we are so sorry for what has happened etc'. We get it every time there is a terrorist act and it doesn't even sound sincere anymore.

Acts of terrorism are premeditated, it should be made quite clear to all that anyone found guilty of a serious act of terrorism should receive a sentence of a full life term the only reason for release being if evidence proving the contrary comes to light.

I know all the arguments about whole life terms making it difficult to control prisoners but there is the option to give or remove the privileges that make prison life tolerable.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I am sick of hearing mealy-mouthed platitudes from so many people 'we are so sorry for what has happened etc'. We get it every time there is a terrorist act and it doesn't even sound sincere anymore.

Acts of terrorism are premeditated, it should be made quite clear to all that anyone found guilty of a serious act of terrorism should receive a sentence of a full life term the only reason for release being if evidence proving the contrary comes to light.

I know all the arguments about whole life terms making it difficult to control prisoners but there is the option to give or remove the privileges that make prison life tolerable.
Meg, I realised that when Sadiq Khan gave his speech on Friday after the atrocity. His words were just lip service, the usual, ‘my heart goes out to’.
Just practiced words with no substance at all.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 01:32 PM

I think being in Prison should be a horrible experience not just removal of freedom.... if a prisoner is difficult remove him/her from the situation into solitary confinement.... i don't believe in the death penalty but that doesnt mean I want a soft option.

Its interesting though that the father of the young man who was killed has spoken out and said his son would not want extreme measures taken or more draconian sentences ....
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->

Maybe those who voice their 'mealy-mouthed platitudes' in this way each time should just research the figures and take in the totals as below! Then they should equate those awful figures to real people, those who are killed and injured, their families and what they must go through. Every death and injury happens to a real person with a real family, something that these people just appear to overlook:

Deaths and and injuries from terrorism in the United Kingdom
in the 49/50 years since 1970:

Incidents: 4,992

Deaths: 3,395

Injuries: 5,616

Reference links to the above that anyone can access:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._Great_Britain

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terror...United_Kingdom
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Horrific! How can they let these 'people' out?
I've been saying for years that we don't know who or where they are, they could be forming an army somewhere right in plain sight!
A few thousand getting together could overwhelm us.
I am convinced that will happen one day.

Page 11 of 18 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top