Join for free
Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2019, 02:48 PM

Re: Even Juncker Admits It's Over

Indeed, France is far more worried about the Germany recession and dire state of economy than it is about BrExit.

This will only get worse with BrExit and if they refuse to allow us to properly leave the EU then I would expect a backlash against German products in the UK. People will just stop buying German and go elsewhere by way of protest. Same for France.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2019, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Indeed, France is far more worried about the Germany recession and dire state of economy than it is about BrExit.

This will only get worse with BrExit and if they refuse to allow us to properly leave the EU then I would expect a backlash against German products in the UK. People will just stop buying German and go elsewhere by way of protest. Same for France.
Personally, I have a policy of never buying anything French.
At the risk of sounding petty, that is because I get the impression that the Frogs detest us - or perhaps are jealous of us! Certainly their politicians like Micron.

The Germans, however, I find are more willing to co-operate with and respect our country. Merkel, for example, has made some silly mistakes, but I have yet to hear about her behaving as badly as most of the EU leaders.

Just a personal opinion, you understand.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2019, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->

German exports to the UK are down 8% since the referendum, partly due to the diesel cars issue, partly because of Brexit uncertainty but also because the UK is starting to "buy British" again.

Germany is just about managing to cling on for dear life to avoid a recession but the lead up to it has been a very different story. So far, Germany has loaned countries in the Eurozone billions in loans to bail out bankrupt countries such as Greece, Ireland, Portugal, Spain and now, as Germany starts to run out of steam, it will slowly start to ask for those loans to be paid back. All the while Spain and Portugal, Greece, Italy and Ireland etc have been "life-lined" by Germany (who incidentally are the Euro - based on the DM (in just another name), with Germany controlling the interest rates).

Keep watching closely because you will start to see Germany dominate Europe by taking back what belongs to it. Soon, it will start to decide the EU Tax Policy (based on paying back loans) with the ECB tied in to "Climate Policy" so that countries will be loaned money by the ECB in one hand, then Germany takes it back with tax - all the while eroding each countries ability to stand on its own two feet.

The ultimate conclusion will be that Germany will become the EU and other member states regions of Germany.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2019, 03:51 PM

Hi

Why all the worry about the EU?

Soon be nothing to do with us and we have our own problems to sort out.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2019, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
German exports to the UK are down 8% since the referendum, partly due to the diesel cars issue, partly because of Brexit uncertainty but also because the UK is starting to "buy British" again.

Germany is just about managing to cling on for dear life to avoid a recession but the lead up to it has been a very different story. So far, Germany has loaned countries in the Eurozone billions in loans to bail out bankrupt countries such as Greece, Ireland, Portugal, Spain and now, as Germany starts to run out of steam, it will slowly start to ask for those loans to be paid back. All the while Spain and Portugal, Greece, Italy and Ireland etc have been "life-lined" by Germany (who incidentally are the Euro - based on the DM (in just another name), with Germany controlling the interest rates).

Keep watching closely because you will start to see Germany dominate Europe by taking back what belongs to it. Soon, it will start to decide the EU Tax Policy (based on paying back loans) with the ECB tied in to "Climate Policy" so that countries will be loaned money by the ECB in one hand, then Germany takes it back with tax - all the while eroding each countries ability to stand on its own two feet.

The ultimate conclusion will be that Germany will become the EU and other member states regions of Germany.
This is something which has been suggested before (not on here, though), and although some probably find it scaremongering, I can see that there is a distinct possibility of it being true.

Indeed, I myself have (half jokingly) suggested that the EU is really the Fourth Reich!

I can't believe that other EU countries (regions!) haven't thought about this possibility unless, of course, they are all as stupid as a Labour Party voter (with apologies to any Labour Party voters on here)!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2019, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
This is something which has been suggested before (not on here, though), and although some probably find it scaremongering, I can see that there is a distinct possibility of it being true.

Indeed, I myself have (half jokingly) suggested that the EU is really the Fourth Reich!

I can't believe that other EU countries (regions!) haven't thought about this possibility unless, of course, they are all as stupid as a Labour Party voter (with apologies to any Labour Party voters on here)!
Some, (Bernard Collins and Gyorgy Matolcsy) said this was the plan all along ... whether thats true or not I don't know, but having read Collins book (The Rotten Heart of Europe) on the subject, there are some very eerie similarities and consistencies with his predictions...

I still believe it is a very strong possibility and a reason why the Dutch are "bricking it" because we are leaving the block.

The UK has always come to the rescue when Germany has occupied Europe and now we are leaving fo good, it gives the green light for Germany to make a move. It's no surprise the new President is a German and most of the commission, Germans as well.

Greece has always been on Germanys "wish list" but never quite managed to occupy it like it did with France and Holland, but now that Greece is on its knees financially, it will be easy pickings for the Germans to take over by clobbering it with debt repayments. The way that the ECB and the Euro has been built (without a central treasury) means that the only way countries can control, their finances is through austerity - now watch Germany "add austerity" to these countries to get them under its control.

Now Germany has taken the bailouts to the limits, we will see the Germans demanding their money back, with Germany dictating the interest rates... because only Germany can have the lowest interest rate in the Eurozone because otherwise other countries would undermine Germanys manufacturing (that holds the EU together) and the Euro itself.

The EU is Germany and the ECB will become the Bundesbank ...

Scary stuff.........
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

04-12-2019, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Some, (Bernard Collins and Gyorgy Matolcsy) said this was the plan all along ... whether thats true or not I don't know, but having read Collins book (The Rotten Heart of Europe) on the subject, there are some very eerie similarities and consistencies with his predictions...

I still believe it is a very strong possibility and a reason why the Dutch are "bricking it" because we are leaving the block.

The UK has always come to the rescue when Germany has occupied Europe and now we are leaving fo good, it gives the green light for Germany to make a move. It's no surprise the new President is a German and most of the commission, Germans as well.

Greece has always been on Germanys "wish list" but never quite managed to occupy it like it did with France and Holland, but now that Greece is on its knees financially, it will be easy pickings for the Germans to take over by clobbering it with debt repayments. The way that the ECB and the Euro has been built (without a central treasury) means that the only way countries can control, their finances is through austerity - now watch Germany "add austerity" to these countries to get them under its control.

Now Germany has taken the bailouts to the limits, we will see the Germans demanding their money back, with Germany dictating the interest rates... because only Germany can have the lowest interest rate in the Eurozone because otherwise other countries would undermine Germanys manufacturing (that holds the EU together) and the Euro itself.

The EU is Germany and the ECB will become the Bundesbank ...

Scary stuff.........
Yes it is. If that should ever happen, well, we've survived an attempted conquest by Germany before. Hopefully, we could rely on help from both America and Russia once again!

It's a shame, really, as I have found the German people I have met as very likeable. Of course, it's the politicians who are the root cause. As my dad used to say, it's politicians who start wars, not ordinary people.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2019, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
It's a shame, really, as I have found the German people I have met as very likeable. Of course, it's the politicians who are the root cause. As my dad used to say, it's politicians who start wars, not ordinary people.
I agree with you on that. British and german people are very much alike. Shame if they should fight each other again.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2019, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
I agree with you on that. British and german people are very much alike. Shame if they should fight each other again.
Germany and it's people are our natural ally.

We should pass a law in parliament making it illegal to ever go to war with them again.

We'll not do the same for France.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2019, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Germany and it's people are our natural ally.

We should pass a law in parliament making it illegal to ever go to war with them again.

We'll not do the same for France.
Of course not, france will referee in case either of you doesn't abide by the law.

Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top