Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2019, 03:16 PM

Re: Should I upgrade.

Originally Posted by big ben ->
I have Windows 7. Microsoft are withdrawing their support. What does this mean and should I upgrade to Windows 10.
I only use my computer for pleasure, Forums, E Mail to friends etc;
Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
It means Microsoft will no longer support Windows 7 . You get their updates regularly I take it ? Either automatically or install them manually ?
I contacted the people who built my computer about this last week and yes the advice is update to Windows10. Fortunately I'm in the position to have them do it for for me because I believe the DIY way takes quite a while to do and might be beyond my expertise and I want to stay safe .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2019, 04:33 PM

The thing is, do we really need updates? Apart from Microsoft fixing win10 five years too late, most updates are things that will not make the slightest bit of difference.

You may not get support any longer from Microsoft regarding win7 but there's always Google to give the answer or a few helpful members on here.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2019, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Stick to Windows7 for as long as possible. Win10 is full of things you will never use but the things you want to use won't be there. If you have any documents saved as word files, they will not open unless you can reinstall and have the product key.

I would go back to Win7 instantly if I could.
Me too!
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2019, 05:04 PM

I do online banking and want the best security possible .
So I'm not happy with what those who have regretted moving from Windows7 are saying .
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2019, 05:06 PM

Thank you very much for your help. I think I will stick with what I have at the moment. After all I only use it to e mail friends and buy the occasional thing from Amazon or E Bay and keep in touch with just two forums.
Zuleika
North West UK

08-12-2019, 05:09 PM

Thank you very much for your help. I think I will stick with what I have at the moment. After all I only use it to e mail friends and buy the occasional thing from Amazon or E Bay and keep in touch with just two forums.
As do I .
So you won't be worried about submitting your payment details online ?
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2019, 05:12 PM

No. There 'aint a fortune in my bank account.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2019, 06:07 PM

No. There 'aint a fortune in my bank account.
You and me both. If I was hacked, they would probably make a donation.
Zuleika
North West UK

12-12-2019, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
going to W10 is worth it if you want all the updates otherwise no providing you have a good antivirus and Malware programs installed.
I've always used Kaspersky Internet Security . Don't do much other than online banking , purchases on e bay and Amazon on my pc[ I have ipads ]
I dont want to change onto Windows 10 , so what other protection ought I to be looking at ?
Thanks
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2019, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
I've always used Kaspersky Internet Security . Don't do much other than online banking , purchases on e bay and Amazon on my pc[ I have ipads ]
I dont want to change onto Windows 10 , so what other protection ought I to be looking at ?
Thanks
Malwarebytes (free) and
CCleaner (free).

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top