Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2019, 02:34 PM

Re: The Kindness Of Strangers

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
So let me get this right. This Rachel Finn woman is NOT homeless, these living in temporary accommodation granted but that is still a home for her and her kid. She didn't pay rent and EVENTUALLY got kicked out.

She's got an eighteen year old son who if able to attend college is obviously capable of GETTING A JOB or even JOBS which is exactly what he should do. He should also have been aware that there were problems with (presumably) Mrs Finn so why did he not get involved with earlier?

Then there's the question of his father ---

Sorry, I've no sympathy for them. Just another example of the entitlement generation.

To be frank I smell bull, spin, and BBC Leftie politics all around this.
Just how cruel can you be ? Obviously never suffered long term depression yourself I take it ?
If you've listened to Rachel Finn's story from her own words properly , how she explained the reasons she'd not been able to pay attention to any warning letters etc..... obviously thousands of people did listen with concern, but then no you'd rather put it down to BBC politics
Why shouldn't they expose the flawed Universal Credit benefit where people are having to wait for payment for up to five weeks ? This is absolutely true .

As for fetching her child's father into it .....words fail me .
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2019, 03:21 PM

I've always been of the thinking that our lives are already mapped out for us as soon as we are born.
A number of factors determine this such as what kind of family we are born into, what our parents' ancestors were like as people and even the part of the country we live in.

For a general working class person with comprehensive schooling living in a terraced house, they are likely to grow up in the same environment unless they somehow branch out with the intelligence to want to do something with their lives and not simply 'plod along' hoping for the best all the time.

Everybody is different but for a homeless person how hard can it be for them to keep on pestering the authorities for a roof above their head. I am always sceptical about what sort of people end up homeless. Are they too particular where they live? Do they really not have anything at all to their name? Is there any need for anybody to be homeless?

Listen folks, it's only my reply post and I'm not asking for an argument. No doubt the select few will want one regardless.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2019, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->

As for fetching her child's father into it .....words fail me .
Just why should the kids father NOT come into it presuming the Finn woman knows who he is and he's still alive?

Moreover her kid must, certainly SHOULD have been aware that things at home were not good and he should have stepped in to help.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2019, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I've always been of the thinking that our lives are already mapped out for us as soon as we are born.
A number of factors determine this such as what kind of family we are born into, what our parents' ancestors were like as people and even the part of the country we live in.

For a general working class person with comprehensive schooling living in a terraced house, they are likely to grow up in the same environment unless they somehow branch out with the intelligence to want to do something with their lives and not simply 'plod along' hoping for the best all the time.

Everybody is different but for a homeless person how hard can it be for them to keep on pestering the authorities for a roof above their head. I am always sceptical about what sort of people end up homeless. Are they too particular where they live? Do they really not have anything at all to their name? Is there any need for anybody to be homeless?

Listen folks, it's only my reply post and I'm not asking for an argument. No doubt the select few will want one regardless.
They HAVE a roof over their head.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2019, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
They HAVE a roof over their head.
Made out of cotton?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2019, 05:07 PM

Why can't folk be pleased to hear that others are helping those less fortunate than themselves?
It's almost a warped sense of jealously!

Btw, you have to pay two weeks rent up front for some social housing and what with Universal Credit taking up to 5 weeks to kick in, it can be impossible for some homeless folk.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

08-12-2019, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Made out of cotton?
No, they are in temporary accomadation which is just what it says and is often somewhere like a Travelodge or at worse a B&B joint.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

08-12-2019, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Why can't folk be pleased to hear that others are helping those less fortunate than themselves?

Btw, you have to pay two weeks rent up front for some social housing and what with Universal Credit taking up to 5 weeks to kick in, it can be impossible for some homeless folk.
A loan is almost always available unless there are exceptional circumstances at which point they usually get housed in B&B places at worst.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2019, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->

Very true Tess . Is what I wonder about too . Pleased to say Rachel has been given money from the charity she asked the money be donated to ,(in case everyone thinks she took the lot !)to put down on a house. With help she will also get mental health help and eventually be able to work .

I don't live anywhere near Grimsby but I do know it's a very deprived area.

Bravo to the BBC for making the country aware of the draconian ways which certain areas of the Benefits System are applied onto the less fortunates.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

08-12-2019, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Very true Tess . Is what I wonder about too . Pleased to say Rachel has been given money from the charity she asked the money be donated to ,(in case everyone thinks she took the lot !)to put down on a house. With help she will also get mental health help and eventually be able to work .

I don't live anywhere near Grimsby but I do know it's a very deprived area.

Bravo to the BBC for making the country aware of the draconian ways which certain areas of the Benefits System are applied onto the less fortunates.
Handing out tax payers money is being done in a FAR to lax way. As for the "less fortunate" if they can work then they should work and if work that they can do but chose not to is there then simple.

No work - no cash.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top