Join for free
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2019, 07:24 PM

Gardening in the dark.

Yes...in the dark...when everyone is probably asleep...I am gardening.

Picking up all the leaves tonight...I have fairy lights,that light up the garden,I also have a torch.

I think it stems back to working night duty,for years...my body clock has never adapted back.

So...do you garden in the dark?

You'd be surprised to hear,that quite a few do.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2019, 08:45 PM

Re: Gardening in the dark.

I have but only because I wanted to finish a job that I started when it was light.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2019, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I have but only because I wanted to finish a job that I started when it was light.

...I love it this time of year,Rox...it is so peaceful...unless a vixen is around...
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2019, 08:50 PM

Pauline, It’s funny you should say that!
In June, l planted some potatoes. A few days later, l found some that were sprouting and thought l would plant them too.
It was 10.30 at night and l thought the sooner they’re in, the better!
So with my spade and torch, out l went and planted them.
I’m so glad l did, as they have been lovely!
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2019, 12:38 AM

My parents used to garden at night in summer. When we lived in Perth it used to get so hot it was impossible to do the garden until the "Fremantle Doctor" (evening sea breeze) came in. That is if it hadn't all dried up!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2019, 12:41 AM

What strange things you women get up to at night. It's no wonder you have little time for anything else.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top