Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2019, 02:32 PM

Is Corbyn about to stand down ---

I'm wondering if Corbyn is about to stand down as party leader now that he's convinced so many inherently anti-Semitic voters to vote for the anti-Semitic party but has caused so much dislike amongst traditional Labour supporters.

Doing so would see a lot of people to vote Labour who would not have done with him as leader (in the mistaken belief he was the root of horror which Labour has become under Momentum).

Being late for an important meeting this morning makes me wonder if he is planning to step aside "because of health reasons" at the last minute.

I wouldn't put ANYTHING past him and Momentum.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2019, 02:50 PM

Re: Is Corbyn about to stand down ---

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
I'm wondering if Corbyn is about to stand down as party leader now that he's convinced so many inherently anti-Semitic voters to vote for the anti-Semitic party but has caused so much dislike amongst traditional Labour supporters.

Doing so would see a lot of people to vote Labour who would not have done with him as leader (in the mistaken belief he was the root of horror which Labour has become under Momentum).

Being late for an important meeting this morning makes me wonder if he is planning to step aside "because of health reasons" at the last minute.

I wouldn't put ANYTHING past him and Momentum.

He's like a typical dictator, he won't go even when he isn't wanted anymore.

I doubt he will stand down now it would make labour look an even bigger basket case.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2019, 02:54 PM

Corbyn will do as Momentum tell him. He has no power over them.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2019, 02:58 PM

Corbyn will do as Momentum tell him. He has no power over them.
The only person to replace him would be rebecca Long Bailey and she just isn't up to the job.

I reckon if Corbyn is going to stand down it will he after the closing date for the postal vote.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

26-11-2019, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
The only person to replace him would be rebecca Long Bailey and she just isn't up to the job.

I reckon if Corbyn is going to stand down it will he after the closing date for the postal vote.
In the scenario that I suspect may be played out Corbyn will step down using a health issue as the reason.

Who would step up into the leader role is almost completely immaterial.

Whoever it might be would not be carrying the toxic baggage that Corbyn has and would result in a shed load of traditional Labour voters feeling able to vote where their hearts directs them which while Corbyn is the leader they simply could not.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

26-11-2019, 03:16 PM

In the scenario that I suspect may be played out Corbyn will step down using a health issue as the reason.

Who would step up into the leader role is almost completely immaterial.

Whoever it might be would not be carrying the toxic baggage that Corbyn has and would result in a shed load of traditional Labour voters feeling able to vote where their hearts directs them which while Corbyn is the leader they simply could not.
According to some of the media sites he has apparently had a stroke which is why he was nowhere to be found for a while.

I think you might have a point here, but for Corbyn to step down in the middle of a GE seems a bit suicidal for their party. You may be right ... who knows
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2019, 03:24 PM

Hi

Corbyn is around, been speaking today.

New leader will not change anything unless they get rid of Seamus Milne and Co.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

26-11-2019, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Corbyn is around, been speaking today.

New leader will not change anything unless they get rid of Seamus Milne and Co.
What counts at this stage is public perception. The mozzies will have decided that the anti-Semitism that Corbyn has been pushing along with the well founded belief that anti-Semitism runs through Labour/Momentum like Blackpool through a stick of rock is there to stay.

The traditional Labour supporters will be delighted to see a way to return to Labour if Corbyn is out of the picture - and not to look too deeply at how Labour has been hijacked by Momentum.

After all, perception is reality.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2019, 05:05 PM

Corbyn will almost certainly be ditched by Momentum if he loses heavily in the election, I can't see him standing down voluntarily.

Corbyn is on BBC TV tonight being interviewed by Andrew Neil. Sturgeon found it tough going last night I hope Corbyn does too .
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2019, 05:32 PM

I should certainly not like to see Compo stand down now. Not until after the election, anyway. He's doing us all a big favour as he is.

Replacement? Isn't the Abbopotamus Home Secretary? In that case, I would have thought she'd be the most likely person to replace him...
I hope!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top