Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2016, 06:51 PM

Re: Mouldy bathroom

After you done with the good advice on here. They say rub a candle on the grouting it helps seal it.
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2016, 06:53 PM

Web site

http://sfglobe.com/2015/08/10/home-o...s-tiles-clean/
Purdy
Yorkshire. UK
Purdy is female  Purdy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2016, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Malcolm is right, it's all to do with ventilation.
did you not read my post? and we dont close any upstairs doors either, so the air is circulating right through.

Welshie. Not tried it on ceilings so dont know
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2016, 08:50 PM

You could try a de- humidifier
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2016, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
My bathroom is developing dull red/brown mould on the grouting joints between the tiles, and other nooks & crannies as well
I've been cleaning it off with bleach and an old toothbrush. Does anyone know of an easier method, or some kind of spray?
Originally Posted by malcolm ->
Open a window and leave it open 24/7 to let the moisture out and stop it from condensing on the tiles, and other surfaces
Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Malcolm is right, it's all to do with ventilation.
Originally Posted by Purdy ->
My windows are open 24/7 all year round, I have an extractor fan, a foot away from the walk in shower, and I continually bleach the ceiling and the grouting joints.

However I was recommended a spray called LTP Grout and Tile protector, which you literally spray evenly over the whole tiled area (if its a shower/heavily wet area, spray three times, and so far so good,and that is supposed to be all you need, I did this in January.
its £10 a tin bought online.
you can spray it on your tiled floors to seal them aswell.
Originally Posted by Purdy ->
did you know not read my post? and we dont close any upstairs doors either, so the air is circulating right through.

Welshie. Not tried it on ceilings so dont know

@Purdy, please look at the above.
1) The OP's original question.

2) Malcolm's reply.

3) My reply agreeing with Malcolm.

4) Your 1st reply to OP.

5) You asking me if I'd not read your reply.

How could I read your post when I'd replied to the op(not you)before you'd posted?

I'm not a bloody mind reader.

Jeez
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2016, 09:55 AM

I have tried endless ways to clean discoloured grout all without great success but the closest I have got is to use a grout reviver cream applied with an old electric toothbrush. The revolving head seems to really get into the pores of the grout.

If the discolouring is red in a shower area, it's possibly due to the shower gel or shampoo you are using.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2016, 01:21 PM

You can get various mound and mildew sprays all seem to work reasonably well. As has been said ventilation is key but I'm a windows open all the time person and still get a bit of mound around the shower area.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2016, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
and still get a bit of mound around the shower area.
A No!No! may be helpful?

Tuppy
South East England
Tuppy is female  Tuppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2016, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
I have that problem , and I use HG bathroom Mould Spray , bought it from B&Q, and it went in one application , it will probably come back again cause we chose not to have an extractor fan because of the noise from it . .
If you go for this spray be careful it dont get on your clothes ,it bleaches them
I bought some HG Bathroom Mould Spray from B & Q as you recommended and found it's brilliant, highly recommend it myself now
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2016, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Tuppy ->
I bought some HG Bathroom Mould Spray from B & Q as you recommended and found it's brilliant, highly recommend it myself now
All of the HG products are good and reasonably priced as well.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top