Join for free
Reply
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
JBR's Avatar
JBR
Chatterbox
JBR is offline
Cheshire, UK
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 23,113
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
12-09-2019, 09:50 PM
11

Re: EU travel after 31 Oct

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Probably best to enquire on the French side of the channel. I'm quite sure if you have a British passport, you will be allowed into the UK at any time.
Better still, lose your passport, obtain a rubber dinghy and make it half-way across the Channel.

Our wonderful Border Farce taxis will pick you up and bring you the rest of the way.

Once here, you'll be offered a free house, free food, free healthcare, etc.
Reply With Quote
galty's Avatar
galty
Chatterbox
galty is online now
rainham essex
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,393
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
17-09-2019, 06:47 AM
12

Re: EU travel after 31 Oct

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Better still, lose your passport, obtain a rubber dinghy and make it half-way across the Channel.

Our wonderful Border Farce taxis will pick you up and bring you the rest of the way.

Once here, you'll be offered a free house, free food, free healthcare, etc.
Only if you have put boot polish(sp) on your face.
Reply With Quote
JBR's Avatar
JBR
Chatterbox
JBR is offline
Cheshire, UK
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 23,113
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
17-09-2019, 11:04 AM
13

Re: EU travel after 31 Oct

Originally Posted by galty ->
Only if you have put boot polish(sp) on your face.


And "I no speak English".

Oh, and also claim that you're a doctor or engineer.
Reply With Quote
Bruce's Avatar
Bruce
Chatterbox
Bruce is offline
Wollongong, Australia
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 10,235
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
18-09-2019, 02:50 AM
14

Re: EU travel after 31 Oct

Originally Posted by galty ->
Only if you have put boot polish(sp) on your face.
Are they bringing back the Black and White Minstrel Show? Even Australia has stopped doing that sort of rubbish.
Reply With Quote
JBR's Avatar
JBR
Chatterbox
JBR is offline
Cheshire, UK
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 23,113
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
18-09-2019, 09:11 AM
15

Re: EU travel after 31 Oct

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Are they bringing back the Black and White Minstrel Show? Even Australia has stopped doing that sort of rubbish.
They wouldn't dare: there'd be rioting in the universities and leafy suburbs!

Morris dancing has a very long history, much longer than the Black and White Minstrel Show which, incidentally, I never found particularly interesting.

I'm surprised the perpetually offended haven't complained about coal miners and the chimney sweep on a number of films I've seen.
Reply With Quote
Muddy's Avatar
Muddy
Chatterbox
Muddy is offline
UK
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 24,037
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
26-09-2019, 09:35 PM
16

Re: EU travel after 31 Oct

I travel with my dog who has a pet pass port .
He has all the necessary vaccinations for Europe indeed the world .
If we leave without a deal the UK may be classified as a High Risk country for rabies .
Ridiculous as we donít have rabies yet France and the rest do have rabies .
So any dog travelling to Europe will need blood titer test and health certificates etc despite the fact it has a valid rabies vaccinations .
The Europeans are AHS
Reply With Quote
Dextrous63
Senior Member
Dextrous63 is offline
Manchester, UK
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,851
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
03-10-2019, 12:53 PM
17

Re: EU travel after 31 Oct

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Morris dancing has a very long history, much longer than the Black and White Minstrel Show which, incidentally, I never found particularly interesting.
As I recall (specifically from watching The Chase on ITV a few days ago), the term "Morris" comes from "Moorish"

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'm surprised the perpetually offended haven't complained about coal miners and the chimney sweep on a number of films I've seen.
The original film Mary Poppins should be banned.
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.