Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2014, 08:25 PM

Re: Photo Restoration ~ my website

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
There is a great satisfaction in restoring photos past their best. I did one of my late parents but managed to extract the colours in the photo against adding them

Nothing as good as the OP's but this was a very personal project and no way as a commercial thing. it is about the only photo I have of both my parents so very precious to me.

To pull back the colours from nothing took hours of work even using the editing program. so i take my hat off to Rachel undertaking such projects
Darn ... can't see it enlarged

Ta for kind words
It's amazing when you get zoomed in and 'intimate' with your ancestors.
I always feel as if I'm having a proper relationship in a way
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2014, 08:29 PM

Hi Rachel ,would you be able to restore a photo with the persons face filled in with Biro or pencil?
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2014, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
Hi Rachel ,would you be able to restore a photo with the persons face filled in with Biro or pencil?
Probably not

But is there still a photo restore board on here ?

If you have other pics of the face/faces than it might be possible to transpose them
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2014, 08:32 PM

No unfortunately no other photo of this person ,i just thought id ask..Thanks for reply
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

01-10-2014, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
No unfortunately no other photo of this person ,i just thought id ask..Thanks for reply
Let's have a look anyway

PM me if it's private
Eliza
Chatterbox
England

01-10-2014, 09:15 PM

sent you a PM Rachel.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

01-10-2014, 09:54 PM

OK

replied
realspeed
Chatterbox
east sussex
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2014, 10:19 PM

Is that better Rachel. No Idea who took it but it must have been on a 35mm colour film to pull back some of the colours. AS I said wern't easy and would not even try except being very personal to me
On the back of the original says taken in sept 1981 at mevigissy cornwall
. Gave my sister a copy and she was over the moon about it as she didn't have any photos
Yes cropped a bit as that was not important, my late mum and dad is what I wanted, and yes I miss them terribly

Had a quick look at you home page some I know how to remove scratches and creases but the colouring is fantastic that you have done. Must have taken a long time even if you know what to start on first.
The editing and layers used must have been quite a task in itself

One thing I have found when asked by friends in the past to work on photos is that not being there at the time a lot of guess work is needed and rarely is it possible to get right colours.
realspeed
Chatterbox
east sussex
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2014, 11:14 PM

Slightly different tact but relevent somewhat was having the privilage to see restoration work of the painting of Princess Diana after it was slashed in london art gallery some year ago if you remember

Link
https://www.google.co.uk/?gfe_rd=cr&...inting+slashed

Now there is no way will I reveal where the restoration took place other than to say it was outside london. Working for BT one undertook not to say about clients.

However I went to this house to do some telephone work and after a conversation about my interest in photography he opened up a bit and it turned out he did a lot of restoration for the big galleries.

He took me to his workshop in the garden and opened the door and there was this very picture infront of me, was I amazed and astonished? somewhat to say the least and actually allowed to touch it. Not many allowed that and boy was i careful.

So I asked him how easy was it to do the restoration on this picture and he said as it was a modern painting not too hard as he could talk to the artist about paints used, the hardest part was putting a new backing on it first.

What he did say I found absolutely fascinating when he started talking about restoring old masters. I did not realise the lengths a restorer went to.
He was saying the last one he did he had to virtually travel the world to discover which plants were used for pigmentation and which brushes were used and from what animal the brush hairs came from.

That is just part of what we talked about I could have spent the day talking about his restoration work but i had other appointments to go to

The picture that was slashed

Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2014, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->

That is just part of what we talked about I could have spent the day talking about his restoration work but i had other appointments to go to

The picture that was slashed

It's amazing! Before it was slashed she was sitting in front of the Taj Mahal.

BTW. In my day BT clients were called 'subs'
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top