Join for free
Page 273 of 370 « First < 173 223 263 271 272 273 274 275 283 323 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2019, 11:54 AM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Thanks for that Floydy, it looks very professional, you would make a brilliant personal trainer with your experience and attention to detail and there's quite a bit of money in it these days.....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2019, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Thanks for that Floydy, it looks very professional, you would make a brilliant personal trainer with your experience and attention to detail and there's quite a bit of money in it these days.....
But it's pretty risky, Bob. There's such a high turnaround of the PT's at my gym because they need a constant flow of clients to make their money.
Thing is too, even though I'm still pretty fit for my age, it's really a younger person's career. I may be okay lifting weights and have the experience with all aspects of that bodybuilding side of training, I'm not too genned up on the general cardio side of things anymore. There's no way I want to be jumping around like a madman showing people how to do lunges or star jumps or the HIIT training which is very popular these days.
Good point though, Bob. Thanks
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2019, 12:16 PM

Out early for a ten mile run this morning and although the run went well it's knocked me for six, it's a good job I haven't got anything to do today.
It was cool but not cold as I set off, and with wall to wall thick cloud there was no sign of the sun....

I danced the two miles along the road to the kissing gate that led me down on to the canal bank, taking care to respect the distance and not use up all of my energy in the first few miles.

I stumbled my way over mole hills and tussocks by the side of the canal, finally reaching the road at the end of this mile and a half stretch...

I cruised the long straight road sections and was relieved as I passed the farm where a yappy black dog normally gives chase...I tiptoed past and then quickened my pace just in case...

I lumbered back into the village, all the early enthusiasm and energy left on the road far behind me. There were a few people out walking dogs or visiting the paper shop as I meandered through the village. They were quite a good help really, as I had to put on a bit of style and look like I was enjoying it...

I staggered down the drive and leaned against the wall, I just knew I had dug too deep this morning and would spend the rest of the day paying for it.....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2019, 12:24 PM

Bob, 10 miles is awesome! No wonder you feel beaten up after that near half-marathon. Love your descriptive prowess there too.
Get your feet up with a mug of cocoa, a couple of Bourbon biscuits and some "Grand Piano..."
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2019, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
There's no way I want to be jumping around like a madman showing people how to do lunges or star jumps or the HIIT training which is very popular these days.
Very sensible! I am in awe of a couple of young ladies who do this kind of thing at the gym I go to, as they do a killer routine. Even at my very fittest I couldn't do what they do, and they make it look almost effortless. They are the hardest-working gym goers I have ever seen.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

07-04-2019, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Very sensible! I am in awe of a couple of young ladies who do this kind of thing at the gym I go to, as they do a killer routine. Even at my very fittest I couldn't do what they do, and they make it look almost effortless. They are the hardest-working gym goers I have ever seen.
But they are young Tachyon. It's a young person's game all that stuff, although some people do still run around like crazy well into their sixties.....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

07-04-2019, 01:42 PM

I've decided to have a quiet and relaxing day today. The second part of my "muscle hardness" routine, which is for the legs will be split now into two consecutive days beginning tomorrow. I just haven't got the energy or willpower today.
Yesterday's three-hour upper body oblivion session really took it out of me and I need a rest.
Tachyon
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2019, 05:33 PM

Gym tomorrow all being well, but I've just arranged an appointment with my GP to see if my hunch is right and that side effects from the Methotrexate are starting to kick in. Because it is a "black box" medication they pulled out all the stops and I'm seeing her on Wednesday this week. I was expecting to see the GP maybe next week at best and more likely the week after that!

Fingers crossed they can sort me out. I was just getting decent in the gym and then this comes along. Story of my life.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

08-04-2019, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Gym tomorrow all being well, but I've just arranged an appointment with my GP to see if my hunch is right and that side effects from the Methotrexate are starting to kick in. Because it is a "black box" medication they pulled out all the stops and I'm seeing her on Wednesday this week. I was expecting to see the GP maybe next week at best and more likely the week after that!

Fingers crossed they can sort me out. I was just getting decent in the gym and then this comes along. Story of my life.
Just had a quick look at the uses and side effects of Methotrexate Tachyon, nasty stuff.....You're a braver man than me...
The only medication I'm taking now is a low dose Aspirin, and a low dose Ramipril, and the Ramipril I've limited to 4 days per week...After having a full body scanning session it was found I had a lower red blood cell count and believe this could be down to the Aspirin, I'll have a word with the Doc next time I visit....
Tachyon

08-04-2019, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Just had a quick look at the uses and side effects of Methotrexate Tachyon, nasty stuff.....You're a braver man than me...
One minor annoyance is I have to go to the city hospital to pick up the meds every month from the hospital pharmacy. I'm not allowed to collect it until I have had a blood test and I hand over a little purple logbook from the rheumatology department which has a note in it saying I am authorised to get it. Not one pharmacist in the county is allowed to dispense it. It's a long and tiring trip for me by public transport, but there's no alternative, sadly.

However, I am off to bed now - gawd, 9pm, how sad is that - to try and fortify myself for the gym. I really hope I can do something worthwhile this time...

Page 273 of 370 « First < 173 223 263 271 272 273 274 275 283 323 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top