Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 09:39 AM

Olive oil

Do you use it and what for?

I've got a bottle languishing in the cupboard somewhere but I don't use it much other than to grease the odd pan and pour a tablespoonful on the chips I cook in my acrifry.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire, England
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 09:46 AM

Re: Olive oil

I use cheaper olive oil for cooking/in dressings and virgin olive oil for eating, mixed in a little pot with a small amount of balsamic vinegar in which I dip warm home made bread.

I also have a tablespoon of olive oil every day .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 09:50 AM

I use it every day, all cooking is done using olive oil. Also use it on salads.
d00d
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 09:50 AM

For example ... last night I made spag bol (most of the sauce was kept for future use). I boiled the spag added it to the portion of bol sauce, let it cook for another minute. Turned it off, drizzled a generous glug of olive oil over the top, replaced lid, covered with a cloth to keep piping hot, served five minutes later with parmesan.

Olive oil, sweet juicy, and makes your food glow.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
For example ... last night I made spag bol (most of the sauce was kept for future use). I boiled the spag added it to the portion of bol sauce, let it cook for another minute. Turned it off, drizzled a generous glug of olive oil over the top, replaced lid, covered with a cloth to keep piping hot, served five minutes later with parmesan.

Olive oil, sweet juicy, and makes your food glow.
Olive oil with parmesan is lovely. I sometimes smother the roast potatoes in it.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 10:01 AM

I use olive oil in salad and i drizzle over new potatoes. I make healthy himemade oven chips with cut potatoes, drizzled in olive oil and a sprinkling of paprika and garlic granules and bake in oven, yummy. I also do roast potatoes using olive oil. I don't fry anything these days.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 10:11 AM

We add a few drops to Maddie the cats food, it makes her fur so soft and healthy.....A vet once recommended it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
England

01-09-2018, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I use olive oil in salad and i drizzle over new potatoes. I make healthy himemade oven chips with cut potatoes, drizzled in olive oil and a sprinkling of paprika and garlic granules and bake in oven, yummy. I also do roast potatoes using olive oil. I don't fry anything these days.
If I fry anything, I fry it in olive oil. The only thing is, it makes a bit of a mess because it tends to 'spit' more than other oils.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
England

01-09-2018, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
We add a few drops to Maddie the cats food, it makes her fur so soft and healthy.....A vet once recommended it.
Never heard that before Foxy, doesn't it make her a bit ... you know....?
d00d
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 10:16 AM

It's much healthier and tastier if not cooked, of course.

My wife likes fish, and has in swimming in Olive Oil.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top