Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2019, 11:35 PM

Home Insurance

I've just received my renewal quotation from a bulldog based insurance company for my home and contents. They've quoted me £318 as opposed to last year's £303, the implication being that they've only increased it by a small amount.

A quick visit to Comparethemarket later and I find many quotes around the £150 mark including one from Churchill, the company I'm insured with now. Just goes to show, no reward for loyalty. In the end, I got insured with Saga Premier for £156 for exactly the same cover (even better in some areas) as I have now.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 12:50 AM

Re: Home Insurance

Gosh, that's a heck of a saving Judd, well done you.

Mine was just renewed too, and it is now £300, but I have had three claims remember. Twice the front wall was knocked down, and then the subsidence problem.

I doubt I could change if I wanted to, as I can't imagine anyone would take me with the subsidence, so I am probably stuck with them.
They have just changed the underwriters though, and it was the new people who sent me those flowers a couple of weeks ago, to apologise for previous bad treatment.

Have you made claims on yours?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 07:57 PM

No Mups, never claimed at all.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
No Mups, never claimed at all.

Then it's probably easier for you to swap insurers than it would be for me.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire

15-02-2019, 02:09 AM

Rang Churchill today to cancel my auto renewal and mentioned to them they they quoted me £150 on comparethemarket for exactly the same cover they were ripping me off for now. They said they'd look into it and as a long time customer (several years) I could get a special deal. Told them not to bother, I've already gone with somebody else.
Frankie1944
Herts uk
Frankie1944 is female  Frankie1944 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 04:14 PM

Just having a clear out of paperwork, Contents only insurance in 1991 £110.60, renewed House and Contents last month £176.54. Have a lot more itemized stuff insured now.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2019, 07:31 PM

I've just received my renewal quotation from a bulldog based insurance company for my home and contents. They've quoted me £318 as opposed to last year's £303, the implication being that they've only increased it by a small amount.

A quick visit to Comparethemarket later and I find many quotes around the £150 mark including one from Churchill, the company I'm insured with now. Just goes to show, no reward for loyalty. In the end, I got insured with Saga Premier for £156 for exactly the same cover (even better in some areas) as I have now.
About 4 years ago my insurance raised my rate from £160 to £204.

Forgot to renew and was told had no insurance.

So I applied again and got a quote of £160 to insure my house.

Last year Ignored it again and so no insurance and flew of on holiday for a month and got dreams of my house burning down.

Go home Email off my bank about insurance

Took a walk down to my local Bank branch and I talked with a lovely lady who took all my detials and insured me,.

FOR £90
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2019, 01:31 PM

Just have come across your post.

For the last five years was insured with Swintons.

A couple of years ago had an E of them that my insurance was due and would cost an extra £40 takin up to £250

Forgot about it and got another E saying I was not insured.

Panicked and rang them up and the lovely man said he could not renew my insurance but could reissue me a brand new insurance took all my details and insured me at a cheaper rate than I was paying before.

£204

Let it lapse again and was not insured for a couple of months..

Saw my bank was offering Insurance...so went down to see them and they insured me.

FOR £98 for the year(No contents)
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2019, 01:36 PM

Council provides ours I think it's written on gold leaf paper the amount they charge us each year. £24.25 each two weeks.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2019, 02:03 PM

I've just made a claim for a bedroom carpet , I dropped a bottle of nail varnish, it broke and ruined it , so I paid £100 excess and they sent fitters etc . Now I dreading the cost of insurance which is due in July. If they overcharge because of my claim would another company accept me do you think .

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top