Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Besoeker
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 07:46 PM

Re: A healthy body makes a healthy mind

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Stephen Hawking's mind seemed to work OK and his body was rubbish.
That also went through my mind.
If the two are correlated it is surely only loosely?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 07:55 PM

IMO Gyms are full of people looking in the mirror to see if they are still the most beautiful of them all or have added or subtracted a millimetre to their bodies.
d00d
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
IMO Gyms are full of people looking in the mirror to see if they are still the most beautiful of them all or have added or subtracted a millimetre to their bodies.
"IMO" ... nice touch Muddy.
d00d
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 08:05 PM

Re ... Bread-making, that's good for body & mind.
Floydy
Chatterbox
East Yorkshire
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
"IMO" ... nice touch Muddy.
She's learning fast. Must be all that horse riding making her eloquent

Stop stirring it dood lol
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 08:21 PM

Indeed - a good work out with a lump of dough can work wonders - and you can eat it when you have done beating it up, so it's good for getting rid of anger and frustrations.
d00d
London, UK

31-03-2019, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Indeed - a good work out with a lump of dough can work wonders - and you can eat it when you have done beating it up, so it's good for getting rid of anger and frustrations.
... erm ...I've never actually done it. But it's got that taste good feeling that supermarket loaves will never deliver.
Floydy
Chatterbox
East Yorkshire
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
You eat bread after beating somebody up? I'll keep out of your way if that's how you get your kicks, Aerolor
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
You eat bread after beating somebody up? I'll keep out of your way if that's how you get your kicks, Aerolor
Some lumps of dough are easier to beat up than others, but do you know Floydy I always get hungry afterwards.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 10:46 PM

I'm sure someone else has said this, but I think it's a healthy mind that leads to a healthy body. Although in reality the two are inseparable. If life breaks your spirit it will break your body too in time. You won't want to exercise or eat healthily. But if your mind is healthy you can heal the body too. Or rather the spirit keeps the body going even when medical opinion thinks it should be dead long ago. People have mentioned Stephen Hawking and he is an example of my theory.
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top