Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2019, 07:58 AM

Re: Gladiators 'Cobra' in hospital

Thank you OGF,..I am so happy to see that you survived those heart attacks,as for flat lining,that must have been very scarey for your family,..

I jog about a mile maybe two,could never manage what you do,..I do believe it is very important to keep fit and exercise,...but not the punishing training regimes,..just my opinion of course....
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2019, 08:53 AM

It seems the level of fitness and strength attained by the Gladiators was ultimately not good for them but I think it is good to do at least some regular exercise that pushes the boundaries.

I'm not certain this prolongs life because we hear about fairly young and fit people who die despite keeping in shape one way or another. However, keeping fit certainly makes you feel better while still here.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2019, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Floydy,I agree about the roids,..you definitely have a point there,imo,
I've seen so many people who rely on steroids to build their bodies and when they overdo it or still use those drugs later in life when they are basically 'past it' for bodybuilding, it's all very silly and pointless.
I never touched them and was never interested, preferring to be completely natural except for protein shakes and various supplements you can buy legally from stores such as Holland & Barrett.
At the end of the day it's having a good diet and training like a beast which builds (and keeps) the body muscular, which at 54 I still am able to retain. I'm 16.5 stone, well-muscled but not bulky with it and with only a little blubber round the middle these days. It's just my energy levels which suffer because of my night work.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top