Join for free
Reply
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Besoeker's Avatar
Besoeker
Senior Member
Besoeker is offline
Doncaster, UK
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 4,604
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
25-05-2019, 09:37 PM
11

Re: Besoeker's travel

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I don't like salmon but I wonder if this recipe would work with tuna steak, do you think Bes?
Thank you, LQ.
I imagine it would. But I am just the consumer, not the producer............
My dear wife is excellent with food and cooking. She did her food blog for a while. A few ideas here.

http://adollopofcream.blogspot.com/

My input was pressing that shutter on the camera.
Reply With Quote
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
Lion Queen is offline
UK
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 6,145
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
25-05-2019, 09:40 PM
12

Re: Besoeker's travel

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Thank you, LQ.
I imagine it would. But I am just the consumer, not the producer............
My dear wife is excellent with food and cooking. She did her food blog for a while. A few ideas here.

http://adollopofcream.blogspot.com/
ooooo I'm gonna try that bacon and baked potato soup with blue cheese, I love to make homemade soups and this sounds soooooo nice. I'll let you know when I've made it. Thank you for the link.
Reply With Quote
Besoeker's Avatar
Besoeker
Senior Member
Besoeker is offline
Doncaster, UK
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 4,604
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
26-05-2019, 07:01 PM
13

Re: Besoeker's travel

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
ooooo I'm gonna try that bacon and baked potato soup with blue cheese, I love to make homemade soups and this sounds soooooo nice. I'll let you know when I've made it. Thank you for the link.
Thank you kindly, lady Lion Queen. You are one of the gems here.

I started this thread to give a little soupçon of my life and where it has taken me. And maybe where I got to.

I'm in my mid seventies, been retired for a few years but still do technical consultancy. Keeps the brain ticking over. Not a bad thing.

Where has it taken me?
Georgia for one where I met my sweet wife.
Reply With Quote
Surfermom's Avatar
Surfermom
Senior Member
Surfermom is offline
United States
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 3,930
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
27-05-2019, 06:09 AM
14

Re: Besoeker's travel

Georgia? Which part? I'm through there about once a month on my way to North Carolina.

That wood is really a nice specimen, Besoeker. If it's Cretaceous then its 90-95 million years old. It's hard to imagine a time in which the Sahara was once dense with forests where dinosaurs roamed the land.
Reply With Quote
Besoeker's Avatar
Besoeker
Senior Member
Besoeker is offline
Doncaster, UK
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 4,604
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
27-05-2019, 04:50 PM
15

Re: Besoeker's travel

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Georgia? Which part? I'm through there about once a month on my way to North Carolina.

That wood is really a nice specimen, Besoeker. If it's Cretaceous then its 90-95 million years old. It's hard to imagine a time in which the Sahara was once dense with forests where dinosaurs roamed the land.
Thank you for the fossil information, Surfermom.
Near Canton in Georgia, about 50 miles north of Atlanta.
Pretty part of the country. We toured around a bit including Helen, Elijay.......
Reply With Quote
Surfermom's Avatar
Surfermom
Senior Member
Surfermom is offline
United States
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 3,930
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
31-05-2019, 10:41 PM
16

Re: Besoeker's travel

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Thank you for the fossil information, Surfermom.
Near Canton in Georgia, about 50 miles north of Atlanta.
Pretty part of the country. We toured around a bit including Helen, Elijay.......
You are welcome, Besoeker.

Very nice. There are some lovely places in north Georgia and it has the advantage of being close enough to Atlanta to enjoy it, while being far enough to not be affected by it .

Good for you for landing a southern girl .
Reply With Quote
Besoeker's Avatar
Besoeker
Senior Member
Besoeker is offline
Doncaster, UK
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 4,604
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
01-06-2019, 08:47 AM
17

Re: Besoeker's travel

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
You are welcome, Besoeker.

Very nice. There are some lovely places in north Georgia and it has the advantage of being close enough to Atlanta to enjoy it, while being far enough to not be affected by it .

Good for you for landing a southern girl .
Thank you.
We went to north Georgia. Spent a couple of nights in Helen.
Reply With Quote
Besoeker's Avatar
Besoeker
Senior Member
Besoeker is offline
Doncaster, UK
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 4,604
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
28-07-2019, 09:47 PM
18

Re: Besoeker's travel

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I don't like salmon but I wonder if this recipe would work with tuna steak, do you think Bes?
LQ, I think it would. I like tuna. I'm not the cook though.
Mrs Mac is the genius.The marinated and grilled chicken tonight was to die for.
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.