Join for free
Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Zuleika
Senior Member
Zuleika is offline
UK
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 1,132
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
01-07-2019, 04:26 PM
1

Raising my bed

I want to raise the top end but not with anything on the mattress .
Bed already on castors .
I know you can buy things but how do I work out which will be suitable ?
Any suggestions ?
Reply With Quote
Tiffany's Avatar
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Tiffany is online now
Devon
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 8,730
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
01-07-2019, 04:31 PM
2

Re: Raising my bed

I have an electric bed, well two singles, made up together but independent, can raise top or bottom or both together.
Before we bought these my late OH put wooden blocks under the head under the legs to higher our king size. He needed it I didn't.
Reply With Quote
TessA's Avatar
TessA
Official Poinker
TessA is offline
UK
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 20,127
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
01-07-2019, 05:27 PM
3

Re: Raising my bed

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I have an electric bed, well two singles, made up together but independent, can raise top or bottom or both together.
Before we bought these my late OH put wooden blocks under the head under the legs to higher our king size. He needed it I didn't.
Did you slide out the bottom Tiff?
Reply With Quote
pauline3's Avatar
pauline3
Senior Member
pauline3 is offline
Hampshire UK
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 4,766
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
01-07-2019, 05:28 PM
4

Re: Raising my bed

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
I want to raise the top end but not with anything on the mattress .
Bed already on castors .
I know you can buy things but how do I work out which will be suitable ?
Any suggestions ?

Zuleika,when I first read your post..I thought you were talking about a raised bed in the garden,

Sorry I can't help you.
Reply With Quote
Mups's Avatar
Mups
Chatterbox
Mups is offline
Northamptonshire
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 38,985
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
01-07-2019, 05:53 PM
5

Re: Raising my bed

Zuleiker, depending on why you want to do this, I assume it is for health reasons and it's none of my business.
However, I am wondering by how much of a raise you need?

There are aid you can buy, as you say, but might it also be worth considering something like this in the link below, rather than raising the bed itself?

Just another option to consider perhaps?



https://www.completecareshop.co.uk/b...SABEgLvO_D_BwE
Reply With Quote
Muddy's Avatar
Muddy
Chatterbox
Muddy is online now
UK
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 24,426
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
01-07-2019, 06:14 PM
6

Re: Raising my bed

I am thinking of raising teh bottom of my bed .
I always seem to be sinking downhill.
And I only have a flattish pillow .
Maybe it's just life
Reply With Quote
Zuleika
Senior Member
Zuleika is offline
UK
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 1,132
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
01-07-2019, 06:42 PM
7

Re: Raising my bed

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I am thinking of raising teh bottom of my bed .
I always seem to be sinking downhill.
And I only have a flattish pillow .
Maybe it's just life
I have two pillows but seem to still be sinking downhill at the top end .Weird because Id have thought legs weighed heavier than the part above the waist .
Ive always had sturdy legs .
How much does a head weigh I wonder ?
Reply With Quote
Baz46's Avatar
Baz46
Senior Member
Baz46 is offline
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 1,714
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
01-07-2019, 06:50 PM
8

Re: Raising my bed

When I had problems with my knee (damaged cartilage in road accident years' ago) it was recommended to raise the foot of the bed, this would allow the gathering fluid to naturally run back up my leg to disperse it. I used two old books, one placed under each leg at the top of the bed. That was enough but at first it did seem as if I was going to slide out, towards the head of the bed. That feeling soon went, better still, the advice worked my knee returned to how it usually was.
Reply With Quote
Tiffany's Avatar
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Tiffany is online now
Devon
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 8,730
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
01-07-2019, 07:16 PM
9

Re: Raising my bed

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Did you slide out the bottom Tiff?
Luckilly no, but it felt as if I might. With the two singles he could move his as he wanted & I could lay flat.
Reply With Quote
Zuleika
Senior Member
Zuleika is offline
UK
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 1,132
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
01-07-2019, 08:14 PM
10

Re: Raising my bed

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Zuleiker, depending on why you want to do this, I assume it is for health reasons and it's none of my business.
However, I am wondering by how much of a raise you need?

There are aid you can buy, as you say, but might it also be worth considering something like this in the link below, rather than raising the bed itself?

Just another option to consider perhaps?



https://www.completecareshop.co.uk/b...SABEgLvO_D_BwE
Might have done the job Mups but on reading one review it's only 18inches wide .
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.