Join for free
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 07:50 PM

Best Glue For Fireplace

My wooden firesurround with a marble backing is coming away from the wall. What would be the best glue to stick it back to the wall? I'm worried it's going to come crashing down in the night.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 09:11 PM

Re: Best Glue For Fireplace

Something like no more nails, would probably do...
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
My wooden firesurround with a marble backing is coming away from the wall. What would be the best glue to stick it back to the wall? I'm worried it's going to come crashing down in the night.
Wasn't it secured to the wall with a couple of brackets?

As Primus says, something like No Nails or better still something like Gripfill (a thicker consistency and will fill any imperfections. You will need a skeleton gun of some description and you will need to make sure that all surfaces are clean and clear of plaster/grit.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/gripfill-...ails_container
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Wasn't it secured to the wall with a couple of brackets?

As Primus says, something like No Nails or better still something like Gripfill (a thicker consistency and will fill any imperfections. You will need a skeleton gun of some description and you will need to make sure that all surfaces are clean and clear of plaster/grit.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/gripfill-...ails_container
No Judd, that's what I was looking for, I can't believe it was just glued on! Skeleton gun, heck, I need to google one of those, you can tell I'll no good at diy lol .
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

09-09-2019, 09:41 PM

thank you guys for your replies
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 09:52 PM

Skeleton gun, just get a cheap B&Q one

https://www.diy.com/departments/dial...1642129_BQ.prd

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top