Join for free
Page 11 of 20 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 09:27 AM

Re: The Prorogation Court Case

Well I don't care what anyone says, the three people who brought this case to the Supreme Court did so in a way to stifle or stop Brexit .
Gina Miller ,Joanna Cherry, and John Major.

There is another person involved in this, and that is HRH Queen Elizabeth II .
Has anyone given a thought to how that may pan out in the future.
Will the Monarch be given more power to scrutinise her ministers, will the Monarch be able to dismiss ministers ? Without saying it in so many words, the courts HAVE overruled the Head of State. So WHO are the courts answerable to ?
This is like a page out of the history books.
I think it's very serious for the future.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 09:35 AM

Way I look at it we are now ruled by whoever has the most money because reporters this morning tryin to tell us anyone can take a case to court if they want is so wrong it's painful. Only people can really take cases to court are rich.

It's interesting all the people did this either work for EU or have a spouse working for EU. It's a foreign power interfering in UK governance. If we thought the EU was too powerful before this to me shows us they are the law and rule us above the queen and our PM.

I just hope boris comes back and forces a GE so we can make ourselves heard. I'd love to see Unliberal Undemocratic party wiped out and Labour shown the door too. I never thought I'd say that but Boris has to have a proper chance to get us out.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by AidoPotato ->
Wonder all you want JBR. The prorogue was dealt with and we now move on. All parties prior to the 3 days agreed it had nothing to do with Brexit. It's only in your own head that it's anti-Brexit.

The added time in parliament increases the chances that UK citizens can continue to be protected from unlawful activity. That is what parliament are there for. Anything you think of beyond this is only your opinion, and is likely a conspiracy theory that fits around your narrative.
Now that made me laugh out loud!

You're actually saying that Gina Miller brought this case for non Brexit reasons?

Ha Ha!

Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Way I look at it we are now ruled by whoever has the most money because reporters this morning tryin to tell us anyone can take a case to court if they want is so wrong it's painful. Only people can really take cases to court are rich.

It's interesting all the people did this either work for EU or have a spouse working for EU. It's a foreign power interfering in UK governance. If we thought the EU was too powerful before this to me shows us they are the law and rule us above the queen and our PM.

I just hope boris comes back and forces a GE so we can make ourselves heard. I'd love to see Unliberal Undemocratic party wiped out and Labour shown the door too. I never thought I'd say that but Boris has to have a proper chance to get us out.
I don't think that the Remainers (or Corbyn, or the LibDems)will allow him to have a GE.

What do you think this is? A democracy?

Maybe we should hire Gina to sort them out.

The big EU leader is quoted, in today's Telegraph, as saying "and you Brits are always complaining that you want out because the EU Is undemocratic ………!"
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Now that made me laugh out loud!

You're actually saying that Gina Miller brought this case for non Brexit reasons?

Ha Ha!

I do think anyone thinking that has not been watching the goings on since the referendum at all. And I do wonder where these people were when John Major shut down parliament to avoid cash for questions scandal and every year they shut down for the party conferences. I notice they had everyone else had their conference I'm wondering if conservatives will get theirs.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The Supreme Court is concerned with the Law and that is that.

Boris a member of the Establishment and the Political Elite.

Lady Hale is a Grammar School girl from Yorkshire who got to the top on merit, not who she knew

All she has done is made sure that nobody is above the Law and in doing so, has done us all a favour.

The thought of Corbyn suspending Parliament to get his own way is horrendous.

The whole of the Supreme Court have made mincemeat of the Political Elite and told Parliament to sort it out.

It is a vital principle of our way of life is that nobody is above the Law.

We need an Election, the sooner the better, a majority in Parliament and then out we go.

We are in a mess, but it is nothing compared to the mess that Corbyn would make of it.
I agree with all but one of your points Swimmy, and that is
that the good lady did not set out the context of why Boris
made the decision to prorogue! which was that of any moves
to complete brexit have been met with what amount to
dirty tricks and misuse of archaic rules and regulations to
subvert the will of the people? That she did not do this l
think is revealing?
Perhaps she thinks that Boris will go for appeal if that is
possible, and mitigation can be considered then?
What do you think?

Regards Donkeyman!
globeflower
Rutland, UK
globeflower is male 

25-09-2019, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Without saying it in so many words, the courts HAVE overruled the Head of State. So WHO are the courts answerable to ?
This is like a page out of the history books.
The Head of State is not above the Law, they are answerable to both Parliament and the Courts. Otherwise we would have a Dictatorship. Have a look in your history book and see what happened to Charles I.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

25-09-2019, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by globeflower ->
The Head of State is not above the Law, they are answerable to both Parliament and the Courts. Otherwise we would have a Dictatorship. Have a look in your history book and see what happened to Charles I.
I am trying to come up with one dictator who asked for a general election ? I think the idea we had a dictatorship is crazy he asked for a general election for goodness sake. We have elections again dictators don't so where is this dictator because it isn't Boris.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I am trying to come up with one dictator who asked for a general election ? I think the idea we had a dictatorship is crazy he asked for a general election for goodness sake. We have elections again dictators don't so where is this dictator because it isn't Boris.
I agree Julie! The dictator here seems to be the HOC?
How can this be?
Regards Donkeyman!
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by globeflower ->
That is why a constitutional monarchy was established , an aftermath of the Civil War...
So even though the Queen has a silent roll politically, if she so wished, could she question the courts ruling ?

Page 11 of 20 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top