Join for free
Page 42 of 50 « First < 32 40 41 42 43 44 > Last »
cuphalffull
North East UK
cuphalffull is female  cuphalffull has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2019, 05:31 PM

Re: Greta Thunberg ... again

Its do as they say not do as they do. And they are getting paid - according to the DM for saying and doing it!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2019, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by cuphalffull ->
Its do as they say not do as they do. And they are getting paid - according to the DM for saying and doing it!
Yes, I have read that they are being funded by certain parties for some nefarious reasons.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2019, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Reading the report d00d doesn't actually mean he's changed his views completely.....He admits that he might has been the victim of dubious information.....doesn't that apply to us all who trawl the internet....
... just keeping an eye on things foxy old boy.

We wouldn't want any misinterpretations or discreditations of our scientists and those in the know.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2019, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
... just keeping an eye on things foxy old boy.

We wouldn't want any misinterpretations or discreditations of our scientists and those in the know.
Good Man d00d.......
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2019, 10:31 AM

https://www.euronews.com/2019/10/16/...ate-hypocrites

This lot don't miss the chance to salve their eco-consciences, condescending hot air intended to let them off the hook.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...h-hogwash.html
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2019, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
https://www.euronews.com/2019/10/16/...ate-hypocrites

This lot don't miss the chance to salve their eco-consciences, condescending hot air intended to let them off the hook.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...h-hogwash.html
These 'celebrities' think that everybody is so impressed with them that they can do no wrong.

Personally, not only am I unimpressed by Cumberbatch, I also dislike him intensely.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2019, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
These 'celebrities' think that everybody is so impressed with them that they can do no wrong.

Personally, not only am I unimpressed by Cumberbatch, I also dislike him intensely.
Hear! Hear! (Ugly bugger too)
cuphalffull
North East UK
cuphalffull is female  cuphalffull has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2019, 03:37 PM

It looks as if the worm (the general civilized public) is beginning to turn. By the lunchtime news.
pathfinder
scotland
pathfinder is male  pathfinder has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2019, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I normally can't abide Jeremy Clarkson, but an article he wrote in yesterday's paper made me think.
He starts off replying to her outburst saying we had stolen her dreams and her childhood and the "How dare you bit."

Here he goes, judge for yourselves:

" How dare we? No. How dare you sail to America on a carbon fibre yacht that you didn't build which cost £15 million, that you didn't earn, and which has a back-up diesel engine that you didn't mention.

"I'm sorry Ms Thunberg, but if you're going to lay into my generation, you must accet it when I lay into you and yours.
What about the pills you take when you have a headache?
What about the clean water that comes out of your tap?
What about the food you can buy at any time of the day or night?
No 16 year old was responsible for any of that.

"Wha about the aid missions currently being run in some of the poorest countries of the world, or the drugs that help keep Aids at bay?

"Think about all the movies you've enjoyed. Movies made by grown-ups, and all the comediens who have made you laugh.
And then pause for a moment to consider how soundly you sleep at night, knowing that adults are building and servicing and flying Sweden's fighter planes to keep you safe.

"We gave you mobile phones, laptops and the internet.
We created the social media you use every day and we run the banks that pay for it all.

" So how dare you stand there and lecture us, you spoilt brat."

Then he finishes up by saying . . .

" I agree with you that the world is heating up. You may even be right that man has something to do with it. And there is no doubt that the deserts eat into currently habitable places in Africa and the Middle East.
Europe will face an unimaginable refugee crisis.
Something needs to be done about that.
"So how's this for an idea. Get back to school as quickly as possible and work hard in your science lectures. Because science is what will solve the problem eventually, not scowling and having the screaming ab-dabs every five minutes.

"Many thousands of people who you had the temerity to blame this week are trying to do exactly what you want."

I'll leave that with you to think about.
outstanding Mups your 100% correct
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2019, 05:00 PM

Greta Thunberg … yet again!

Not so sure I would like one of these named after me, I guess it's some kind of recognition though, which obviously was the intention.

"A newly-discovered species of beetle has been named after young climate activist Greta Thunberg.

Nelloptodes gretae bears little resemblance to its namesake - it is less than 1mm long, and has no wings or eyes.

The insect does, however, have two long pigtail-like antennae."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-50182815

Page 42 of 50 « First < 32 40 41 42 43 44 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top