Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2019, 06:57 PM

Re: Your Last Meal?

LQ, we actually had egg and chips for dinner last night! Have never heard of Elephants'Feet though?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2019, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->
LQ, we actually had egg and chips for dinner last night! Have never heard of Elephants'Feet though?
You should have invited me for dinner, I'd definitely have said yes lol

Elephants feet are choux pastry with cream in, oh hell, I'm drooling now

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	chouxbun.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	10823  
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2019, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Egg and chips with bread and lashings of butter ooooo yum, I could just eat some. Was my Mums favourite meal too, simple but Yummy

For pudding I'll have Elephants feet or vanilla slices
Runny yolk or hard yolk? In conversations I've had with work colleagues and acquaintances in the past with the topic being food, those that said they like egg and chips, it was always because they like to dip their chips in the runny yolk.

I just wondered if it is the same with you.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2019, 07:14 PM

You should have invited me for dinner, I'd definitely have said yes lol

Elephants feet are choux pastry with cream in, oh hell, I'm drooling now
OHHHHHH, is that what they are called. A place where i used to live in Shropshire many years ago, it had a family bakery (nothing like the Greggs we see today) and they made them fresh in the morning. I would buy one on the way to work. I never knew the name of them, just point to it and say 'one of them please'

It was never hard chocolate on top but the kind you find in the centre of chocolate cakes, sticks to your fingers when holding it. I've not seen them since.

Edit: I've just realised, it's the same type of chocolate covering that you get on eclairs.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2019, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
Runny yolk or hard yolk? In conversations I've had with work colleagues and acquaintances in the past with the topic being food, those that said they like egg and chips, it was always because they like to dip their chips in the runny yolk.

I just wondered if it is the same with you.
Oh Dodge, it has to be runny all the time, I'll make a sandwich with the bread and lashings of butter and the yolk and butter will be dribbling down me chin, omg it's orgasmic

DID I JUsT SAY THAT

Dodge
Kent, UK

05-10-2019, 07:48 PM

Oh Dodge, it has to be runny all the time, I'll make a sandwich with the bread and lashings of butter and the yolk and butter will be dribbling down me chin, omg it's orgasmic

DID I JUsT SAY THAT

hahaha, i know this is not politically correct but when i finished reading your post, this saying from some comedy show popped into my head 'Calm down dear' hehe.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2019, 07:58 PM

Art's fish & chips!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2019, 08:12 PM

Fish Pie made with cream and masses of finely chopped flat leaf parsley.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2019, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Pass. If someone I didn't know from Adam was going to kill me the following morning, I don't think I'd be very hungry. I think I'd donate my "last meal" to somebody who could enjoy it.
Same here, Keezoy. Feeling sick thinking about it.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2019, 09:45 PM

Fish N chips followed by Banana and custard and then a Embassy No1 fag.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top