Join for free
Reply
Page 10 of 10 « First < 8 9 10
Dextrous63
Senior Member
Dextrous63 is offline
Manchester, UK
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,942
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
14-10-2019, 04:16 PM
91

Re: Trans people want to return to original gender

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
My dear, STATISTICALLY they are abnormal. Their choice of sexuality is outside of the definition of the Bell Normal Curve area that is defined normal.

Since they choose a form of sexuality outside of that which NORMAL people adopt (refer to Bell Normal Curve) they are also abnormal in that respect.

QED.
Statistically, they would be referred to as outliers or anomalous results, since they fall into a multiple of standard deviations away from the mean. Mind you, you're assuming the distribution is symmetrical and doesn't have a skew.

Am not sure if anyone has researched into a distribution of sexuality!! To do so would require a large sample size as well as some kind of scale to measure sexuality against.

Anyway, one point you make is highly contentious...you seem to believe that people "choose" their sexuality. Did you "choose" to be a heterosexual male, or is it just possible that you were created that way due to that particular sperm reacting with that particular egg?
Reply With Quote
The Artful Todger's Avatar
The Artful Todger
Senior Member
The Artful Todger is offline
Suffolk UK
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 3,184
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
14-10-2019, 04:47 PM
92

Re: Trans people want to return to original gender

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Statistically, they would be referred to as outliers or anomalous results, since they fall into a multiple of standard deviations away from the mean. Mind you, you're assuming the distribution is symmetrical and doesn't have a skew.

Am not sure if anyone has researched into a distribution of sexuality!! To do so would require a large sample size as well as some kind of scale to measure sexuality against.

Anyway, one point you make is highly contentious...you seem to believe that people "choose" their sexuality. Did you "choose" to be a heterosexual male, or is it just possible that you were created that way due to that particular sperm reacting with that particular egg?
They do not represent anomalous results because they form particular groups on the continuum, not just noise or randomly distributed. Sorta harmonics from a sine wave.

Choose? Certainly. There probably will be a number of people who do not fall into one (or more?) of the LGBT groups but they really are just statistical noise. Otherwise for whatever excuse they make nonetheless they chose to "come out", usually to themselves first to explain some strange predilection they find they enjoy.

Personally I couldn't care much less if they choose to mince more than a Mr Kipling's mince pie on Boxing Day, though I do find the "Good As You so in your face sweetheart" annoying so also the "It's perfectly normal dee-ah" clowns.

But as long as they don't frighten the horses or try to convince kids that "being gay is quite ok" then like the stench around a sewage works they are a thing up with which we have to put.
Reply With Quote
Dextrous63
Senior Member
Dextrous63 is offline
Manchester, UK
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,942
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
14-10-2019, 05:02 PM
93

Re: Trans people want to return to original gender

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
They do not represent anomalous results because they form particular groups on the continuum, not just noise or randomly distributed. Sorta harmonics from a sine wave.
In fairness, you did bring up Normal Distributions, and my response was accurate in that context.

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Choose? Certainly. There probably will be a number of people who do not fall into one (or more?) of the LGBT groups but they really are just statistical noise. Otherwise for whatever excuse they make nonetheless they chose to "come out", usually to themselves first to explain some strange predilection they find they enjoy.
Hmm. Not so sure about going down this line, since it leads into other groups of people with certain characteristics. We're potentially edging towards a discussion involving the whole spectrum of conditions involving "mental health".
Reply With Quote
JBR's Avatar
JBR
Chatterbox
JBR is offline
Cheshire, UK
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 23,314
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
14-10-2019, 07:16 PM
94

Re: Trans people want to return to original gender

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Choose? Certainly. There probably will be a number of people who do not fall into one (or more?) of the LGBT groups
As I understand it, there are now a large number of other letters following LGBT. I have no idea what they all mean or, for that matter, even what they are.
However, it could be argued that there are now not only two genders (M, F), nor even six (M, F, L, G, B, T), but an almost indeterminate number which could conceivably result in many official forms containing a long list of options in addition to 'male' and 'female'.
At the moment, I think they get around the problem by adding such things as 'other' or 'prefer not to say', but with the preponderance of pressure groups appearing these days we could eventually be faced with the necessity of a full additional sheet with every form.

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
But as long as they don't frighten the horses or try to convince kids that "being gay is quite ok" then like the stench around a sewage works they are a thing up with which we have to put.
Ah yes, Churchill's famous grammatically-correct expression!
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 10 of 10 « First < 8 9 10

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.