Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2019, 02:58 PM

Re: Do You Have Jumbo Oats?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Stoppit! I feel really bad about the Shortbread. They don’t seem to have lots of chemicals in them.

Have you ever tried Flahavan’s porridge oats? It’s Ireland’s favourite. They are based in Co Waterford.
I'm going to the "posh" supermarket so they might have them .....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2019, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->

I got mine from Waitrose. They were £1.91 on offer. I wish l had bought more of them.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2019, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
They do Oatmeal there. That's what one has in one's house here like.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2019, 03:10 PM

I have eaten Flahavan's Organic Jumbo oats every morning for years they are lovely.
I prepare them the night before, 1 ramakin of oats to 2 ramakin of water in a basin then in the morning I stir them and cook in the microwave stirring half way through the cooking .

Eaten with a generous helping of milk (from the top of the bottle ) and nothing else.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2019, 03:13 PM

Do you have jumbo oats..?

You’ve no idea art how hard it was for me NOT to post the reply I initially thought of..

No I have that instant stuff, with lots of golden syrup
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2019, 03:14 PM

I got mine from Waitrose. They were £1.91 on offer. I wish l had bought more of them.
I'm going to Booths, the Northern equivalent .....
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2019, 05:41 PM

I might have seen some today .
Don't think I could stomach porridge made from those and just water Art and certainly wouldn't dare eat cream every day ....cholesterol alert !!
I'm a softie on Quaker Oats So Simple sachets in the microwave but might try the jumbo oats.

What's the shortbread problem?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

15-10-2019, 06:05 PM

Booths were selling Flahavan's Organic Jumbo Oats for £2.45 a kilo.

On the next shelf along, Quaker Rolled Oats were discounted at £3.00 for 2 kilos so Flahavans will have to wait .....

Walkers Shortbread Fingers (£1.90 for 160g) contain only natural ingredients (as previously listed) but were NOT discounted so, again, will have to wait:

There was no wine-tasting today but there were Chinese crackers, cheeses, olives, grapes, apples and ginger parkin to try ..... I went round twice .....
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2019, 11:07 PM

I use Flahavan's - they are delicious. 1 cup oats, 1 cup water, 1 cup milk - soaked overnight and cooked slowly on the stove - no microwave in my kitchen - served with top of the milk or sometimes a dash of Maple syrup. Absolutely delicious!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top