Join for free
Page 2 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2019, 08:42 PM

Re: Shop lifting.

Mrs Fox used to be a store detective and could tell you lots of stories.....Some of them actually refer to stealing.....
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2019, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
I thought that most major stores these days had sensors at the exit that could pick up on items that had not been scanned. I've seen it happen.

Well,obviously not in Lidl...Wilko..not all supermarkets have those sensors.

Also there was an incident in sainsburys,apparently forty teenagers,had been at a house party,they were thrown out because of their behaviour,they ended up at Sainsburys ,stealing,six police officers were called to the scene,but could do nothing with them...they weren't local these teenagers...I will be interested to hear what the outcome was.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2019, 09:03 PM

I thought that most major stores these days had sensors at the exit that could pick up on items that had not been scanned. I've seen it happen.
If they are anything like our local Tesco Besoeker, only the more expensive items are tagged.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2019, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Well,obviously not in Lidl...Wilko..not all supermarkets have those sensors
You may be right. I'm not going to pilfer to test it.............
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2019, 09:15 PM

You may be right. I'm not going to pilfer to test it.............
LOL I am glad to hear it, Besoeker!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2019, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
LOL I am glad to hear it, Besoeker!
My dog, on the other hand, is an opportunist.
Nicked one of Ozzie's treats yesterday.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2019, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
If they are anything like our local Tesco Besoeker, only the more expensive items are tagged.
Like razors
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2019, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Shop lifting is definitely on the increase in supermarkets.

Did anyone ever see the documentary,about the millionaire shop lifter?

Most of what she stole,were designer labels.
That is audacious, how long did it take to unpick those labels, in the full glare of CCTV?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2019, 10:44 PM

My local Wilko's used to have two doors, one on each corner of the long shop front. They have such a huge problem with shoplifting, they have now sealed up one of the doors and only have the one smaller entrance/exit now.

I don't know if their stuff is tagged or not, most bigger shops tag I would have thought. It doesn't stop the thieves though, because as the alarm goes they leg it as fast as they can and are gone before the security guards nab them.

An employer at Wilko's told me a week or two back, they've had around £3,000 worth of cosmetics stolen for starters!
Their cosmetic shelves are always half empty.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2019, 11:06 PM

I was in Tesco once and saw a man stuff lots of cans in his pockets and up his jumper, turning to me he said " Here my lover have a tin of Salmon"
"Go away I said, you're stealing and on camera" "They are stealing for us said he with millions of profit every year.
I'm.off to the Wine Shop now to get my rations"
I found the manager and pointed him out, no one apprehended him and he walked through the check out paying for two tins only. I was not going to shout "Stop thief" when Tescos can't be bothered to police their stores. In any case criminals carry weapons are likely to injure you if you report them
He went to the Wine Shop and did the same.

A certain percentage can be claimed back from business profits due to stealing and damaged goods.
So it's hardly worth while prosecuting theft.

Page 2 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top