Join for free
Reply
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Longdogs's Avatar
Longdogs
Chatterbox
Longdogs is offline
England
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 33,529
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
21-10-2019, 04:52 PM
21

Re: Snorers and earplugs

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Friend has given me a pair to try marked small, rolled them up as smal as I could but I can still hear sounds .
Does this mean I need a different size or I havn't put them in properly ?
I really do use toilet paper, wetted and stuffed in my ears, I find it cuts out most sounds such as the clock, people walking past and traffic noise but strangely, the one thing it will not stop, is the sound of snoring.

I have tried ear plugs in the past but they didn't work either.
Reply With Quote
Omah's Avatar
Omah
Senior Member
Omah is offline
Lancaster, UK
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 4,740
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
21-10-2019, 05:17 PM
22

Re: Snorers and earplugs

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Friend has given me a pair to try marked small, rolled them up as smal as I could but I can still hear sounds .
Does this mean I need a different size or I havn't put them in properly ?
The ones I use:



are one size only.

They will not stop all sound but will reduce certain ranges of sound.
Reply With Quote
Zuleika
Senior Member
Zuleika is offline
UK
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 1,128
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
21-10-2019, 06:07 PM
23

Re: Snorers and earplugs

Originally Posted by Omah ->
The ones I use:



are one size only.

They will not stop all sound but will reduce certain ranges of sound.
I havn't ordered ,still looking online at different ones .
Boots have a brand made in Sweden have good reviews called Happyears. medium 8 95
Or you can buy a 3different sizes pack direct from Happyears @ 25 😳ensuring you get the correct size they claim .
Reply With Quote
Omah's Avatar
Omah
Senior Member
Omah is offline
Lancaster, UK
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 4,740
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
21-10-2019, 06:17 PM
24

Re: Snorers and earplugs

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
I havn't ordered ,still looking online at different ones .
Boots have a brand made in Sweden have good reviews called Happyears. medium 8 95
Or you can buy a 3different sizes pack direct from Happyears @ 25 😳ensuring you get the correct size they claim .
https://www.boots.com/happy-ears-ear...large-10230356

Expensive ..... !

But they can be cleaned and reused so they may be worth a try.

Different earplugs suit different people - it may take a few trials before you find one that suits you .....
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.