Join for free
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2019, 01:38 PM

Defrosting the Freezer.

Hi

Did that this morning, did not take long, everything out and a big fan heater pointed at it

The bits and pieces of meat and veg went into a huge stew, keep me going for days.

Fish and Icecream went into the fridge, still frozen at the end, so back in the freezer.

Wholesale market and friends on Wednesday, load it up again with meat of all varieties.

Prices are very low at the moment, pheasants are 6 for £5, brisket is £3 a kilo, woodpigeons are 25p each.

I am a happy womble.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2019, 10:44 PM

Re: Defrosting the Freezer.

When I defrost my chest freezer (it is 210 litres and nearly 40 years old) I just transfer the contents to my freezer in my fridge and my camping fridge set to -10'C. I just throw in half a bucket of warm water, wait five minutes and then use a broad paint scrapper to get the ice off

If my freezer ever fails, and the way it is going it looks like it is trying to outlast me, I will buy a much smaller one because it is rarely even 1/3 full.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top