Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2019, 01:18 AM

New Tumble Dryer?

I'd like to get a condensing tumble dryer

Any comments or advice, please?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2019, 08:29 AM

Re: New Tumble Dryer?

Never use tumble drivers .
I am lucky to have a garden wind and solar power ie washing line .
However I can see they will be useful is you don’t have a garden .
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2019, 09:04 AM

Hi

I have stopped using mine.

An indoor fold away dryer in the spare room with a small fan, dries overnight and very few creases.

It is also much cheaper.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2019, 09:07 AM

I don’t have a tumble dryer either....
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2019, 09:39 AM

I rely on a Hoover 9Kg tumbly for the winter months or for prolonged wet summer days. My present one is a heat pump condensing type and I am impressed with its frugality on the electric consumption. I have not done an exact costing but I would say it only uses about 1/3rd compared with a conventional heating element type dryer. Also this Hoover has its water tank built into the door so emptying is easy or there is also a piped draining option with the hose included with the dryer.

https://www.heatpumpsource.co.uk/blo...tumble-dryers/
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2019, 09:41 AM

Perhaps I should have explained more

I live in a flat, and although there are washing lines in the communal front garden the kids tend to vandalise them. Plus they're not much good in winter

I have a small clothes horse which I use in a corner of my living room, plus the back of a chair, plus on a radiator sometimes
But that's not very satisfactory, and I don't think it's a good idea to have damp clothes hanging around - hence a condensing tumble dryer looks like a good solution
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2019, 10:43 AM

In my last house I always found drying washing a real problem. Work meant being away from home during the time when washing could be put out on the line and taken in if it rained. I didn't have the luxury of a tumble dryer either.

The problem was solved by a retractable indoor washing line. This fits above the bath and as most bathrooms are damp places anyway it's an ideal place to dry washing. With a window slightly open, or an air vent, any dampness is kept to a minimum. Clothes dry almost overnight and the line folds away unobtrusively when not required.

Benefits – far less expensive than buying a tumble dryer, costs nothing to use (good for the planet and the bank balance), saves hanging damp washing in regularly used rooms, easy to install.

Details of one similar can be found on the link below:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Brabantia-R.../dp/B000NT9DN8
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2019, 10:48 AM

It’s a pity flats don’t comewith a flat roof with washing lines on them as they do in some countries .
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2019, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
Perhaps I should have explained more

I live in a flat, and although there are washing lines in the communal front garden the kids tend to vandalise them. Plus they're not much good in winter

I have a small clothes horse which I use in a corner of my living room, plus the back of a chair, plus on a radiator sometimes
But that's not very satisfactory, and I don't think it's a good idea to have damp clothes hanging around - hence a condensing tumble dryer looks like a good solution
I heard they use a lot of electricity .

Is there a laundrette near your home ?
I used one regularly for drying in winter many ,many moons ago .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

23-10-2019, 12:21 PM

Also it would be a good idea if all flats came with a laundry room for use of the residents as they do in sheltered accommodation apartments .
They do this overseas too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top