Join for free
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2013, 11:48 AM

Duchy of Cornwall

Anyone else see the Channel 4 programme last evening on Charlie the turd's property portfolio???

Charlie likes to be thought of as an environmentalist and a supporter of 'green' issues. What a bloody hypocrite!!!

He's been buying up and then selling off parts of farms to allow industrial and commercial development, contrary to the wishes of the local population.

So much does he support green issues that he even owns a huge distribution centre in the midlands used by 'Waitrose', which has fleets of 30ton lorries in and out of there on a daily basis. Is that environmentally friendly???
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2013, 12:01 PM

Re: Duchy of Cornwall

Didn't see it so can't comment on specifics but will say I am no fan of Charles although name calling is not very nice.

I think possibly he has to make money though so his ideals (green) and his business (very non green) clash rather badly.

It's a bit like Sting etc flying around the world to meetings about green issues and big dinners and meetings held about poverty. I always look at them and think perhaps the meeting could be a conference call by phone and the money spent on dinners and flights may just be better spent on relieving the poor.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2013, 01:01 PM

Re - Sting and 'the like' .... good point .....

Agree with Joe - no fan of the 'aristocracy' at all .....
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2013, 07:41 PM

A lot of land around here belongs to the Duchy, I was told to keep off and to buy an Ordinance survey map, because I objected to a popular pathway being blocked off. No, I've no time for it either!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top