Join for free
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2019, 11:01 AM

An Open Letter to Guy Verhofstadt

Dear Guy Verhofstadt,

This is all wrong. I shouldn't be on here. I should be back at work, on the other side of the ocean. Yet you all come to us leavers for money. How dare you!

You have stolen my dreams of sovereignty with your empty words of "more Europe" and "we didn't know what we were voting for". And yet I'm one of the lucky ones - I voted leave. People are suffering. People are dying. According to Phillip Hammond and Lord Andrew Adonis.

The Euro is collapsing. We are still in massive debt, and all you can talk about is your 2021 budget, and fairy tales of eternal economic growth. How dare you!

For more than 40 years our membership was never crystal clear. How dare you continue to look away at a Max Fac solution on the Irish Border, and come here saying that you're doing enough when the politics and solutions needed clearly always in sight.

You say you hear us and that you understand the urgency of us leaving. But no matter how sad and angry I am, I truly to believe that. Because if you really understood the Brexit situation and still kept on failing to act, then you are evil. And that I honestly believe that.

The popular idea of a European Army only gives us a 50% chance of staying in NATO and the risk of setting off irreversible chain reactions beyond human control.

Fifty percent may be acceptable to you. But those numbers do not include our new fancy aircraft carriers or frigates made in Scotland. They also rely on my generation sucking hundreds of billions of pounds out of the air with technologies that barely exist - a bit like the replacement for Eurofighter.

So a 50% risk is simply not acceptable to us – we who have to live with the consequences chose to leave the EU over 3 and a half years ago.

To have a 67% chance of staying below a 3% budget deficit – the best odds given by the (International Monetary Fund) – the Eurozone had 420 trillion Euros in Jan. 1, 2018. Today that figure is already down to less than 30 quid.

How dare you pretend that this can be solved with the Withdrawal Bill and "business as usual" and some technical solutions? With today's uncontrolled EU immigration levels, that remaining budget will be entirely gone within less than eight and a half seconds

There will not be any solutions or plans presented in line with these figures here today, because these numbers are too uncomfortable and you are still not mature enough to tell it like it is.

You are failing us. But the Brexiteers are starting to understand your betrayal. The eyes of all future generations are upon you. And if you choose to fail us, I say: We will never forgive you.

We will not let you get away with this. Right here, right now is where we draw the line. The world is waking up. And change is coming, whether you like it or not.

Yours sincerely,

Greta Thunberg (aged 51)
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2019, 02:05 PM

Re: An Open Letter to Guy Verhofstadt

shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2019, 02:35 PM

Ditto.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2019, 03:06 PM

Greta will by now be ready to take her gcse in biology. Next is history. As in biology and climate change, she has a lot to learn. Given time she will come to her senses.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top