Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2019, 03:52 PM

Re: Are you a tea totaller?

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
If I was still posting in the General Chat threads I would answer this thus:
No, I enjoy a social life and having a pint and a chat with my life long friends on a Saturday afternoon is essential, otherwise I'd only have social media forums full of imaginary people like myself to talk to. I also like a bottle of beer when I'm watching TV on a Friday night.
I drink no more than 8-10 units per week (5-6 pints), so I won't die of alcoholism, dehydration and kidney failure anytime soon hopefully.
Ironically, at the moment my life is paused indefinitely as regards anything approaching having more than half a pint of anything at all including water, so everything has ceased in the way of enjoyment and happiness.
But I don't post in the General Chat area anymore so that post was pointless as nobody will have seen it, including me who forgot I wrote it.
Of course though if you were still posting in the General Chat threads I would have answered thus:

As I am teetotal I would possibly have been answering that I only have social media forums full of imaginary people such as yourself, and those reading this, to talk to. However, as most on here seem like real people most of the time I will still be reading all posts, allowing for the occasional person who does drink but doesn't post on forums. As you say though, you are no longer posting on this General Chat thread so you will not have seen this post!

In all seriousness though Floydy, enjoy your half-pint allowance while having a chat on Saturday afternoons with your life-long friends, and also while at home watching TV on Friday evenings, and any other time too of course.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2019, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Of course though if you were still posting in the General Chat threads I would have answered thus:

As I am teetotal I would possibly have been answering that I only have social media forums full of imaginary people such as yourself, and those reading this, to talk to. However, as most on here seem like real people most of the time I will still be reading all posts, allowing for the occasional person who does drink but doesn't post on forums. As you say though, you are no longer posting on this General Chat thread so you will not have seen this post!

In all seriousness though Floydy, enjoy your half-pint allowance while having a chat on Saturday afternoons with your life-long friends, and also while at home watching TV on Friday evenings, and any other time too of course.

Pleased you saw the humour in this, Baz. A few others would see it fly sideways over their heads
You know where I'm at bud
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2019, 04:45 PM

My biggest worry was how long would that can of lager on the table in the foreground last before I ordered another. Short video clip of a longer one took on board ship

Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2019, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->

Pleased you saw the humour in this, Baz. A few others would see it fly sideways over their heads
You know where I'm at bud
Yes, I don't quite need a 'sense of humour' transplant, not yet anyway!
Savvy
United States
Savvy is male  Savvy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2019, 11:53 PM

I drank my lifetime supply of alcohol by middle age, therefore, I am not allowed any more. I loved it too much.
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2019, 01:23 AM

I might have been unemployed if there were more like you lot!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2019, 07:31 AM

I like a pink gin or a glass of wine or champagne ...nothing wrong in drinking alcohol as long as you don't overdo it....I have only ever been drunk once in my life....never again!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2019, 09:53 AM

I was for about 15 years seeing my mum as she was put me off entirely. But last year I had a shandy as we had a party and I some how ended up with one in my hand at toast time. Anyway it wasn't end of the world I wasn't like my mum and I have had a weak shandy most days since. Two on a weekend when I let loose a bit LOL
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2019, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I was for about 15 years seeing my mum as she was put me off entirely. But last year I had a shandy as we had a party and I some how ended up with one in my hand at toast time. Anyway it wasn't end of the world I wasn't like my mum and I have had a weak shandy most days since. Two on a weekend when I let loose a bit LOL
You monkey you Julie......
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2019, 10:08 AM

I'm not teetotal. I'd never want to give up drinking my 5 pints of beer a week.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top