Join for free
Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Katerina
United Kingdom
Katerina is female 

16-10-2019, 05:38 PM

Re: Football legend Paul Gascoigne charged with sex assault on Durham train

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I imagine, if I was a lot younger and someone did this to me on a train, not only would the incident upset me, but I would be doubly upset if my own Mum didn't support me!
Exactly
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Katerina ->
Oh Pauline you are wriggling, and you brought your daughter - if you have one - into the discussion . . . be honest, of course you would not understand, whoever in their right mind would?

I think you will find it was,Mups who brought "daughter " into discussion..I just replied to it.
Katerina
United Kingdom
Katerina is female 

16-10-2019, 05:40 PM

Pauline do you have a daughter?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 05:43 PM

I imagine, if I was a lot younger and someone did this to me on a train, not only would the incident upset me, but I would be doubly upset if my own Mum didn't support me!
You are saying "someone"... It was Gazza...so if I explained that to a daughter,hopefully she would understand his alcohol dependency...as its all over the papers,...I would still be supporting her.

But again what he did doesn't make it right.

If someone from Joe public.did that...then I wouldn't know if they were an alcoholic would I?

So I would report it..simple really.

Gazza,IMO,is beyond help...you only have to look at him to see that...the drink has destroyed him...that's what drink does.when you depend on it....I also believe,he will end up doing time.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I think you will find it was,Mups who brought "daughter " into discussion..I just replied to it.

You are quite right, it was me, Pauline.

I was rather surprised at you being so understanding to a persistant offender, that's why.

I might find it a lot easier to forgive someone if it was totally out of character, and a one-off, but this is not the case.

Whoever he chose to slobber over is someone's daughter, hence my train of thought, and furthermore, I cannot understand your response of:

"
If he slobbered over my daughter,...knowing that he has an alcohol addiction...then I would understand.."

It was that comment in particular that made me say how I would feel if my Mum had of said that if I'd been assaulted.

I shall leave it there.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

16-10-2019, 05:50 PM

You are quite right, it was me, Pauline.

I was rather surprised at you being so understanding to a persistant offender, that's why.

I might find it a lot easier to forgive someone if it was totally out of character, and a one-off, but this is not the case.

Whoever he chose to slobber over is someone's daughter, hence my train of thought, and furthermore, I cannot understand your response of:

"
If he slobbered over my daughter,...knowing that he has an alcohol addiction...then I would understand.."

It was that comment in particular that made me say how I would feel if my Mum had of said that if I'd been assaulted.

I shall leave it there.

Ok...I will too.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 06:24 PM

**** Please note: members are not obliged to answer personal questions, duplicate posts have been deleted.

A reminder that this is General Chat not the debate section.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2019, 01:25 PM

Paul Gascoigne has been cleared of sexual assault. A vulnerable man because of his alcohol addiction.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2019, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Paul Gascoigne has been cleared of sexual assault. A vulnerable man because of his alcohol addiction.
Probably a good decision but, AFAIK, the jury is still considering the charge of assault by beating.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

17-10-2019, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Is that the reason why he was cleared ,Cinderella?

Because he is vulnerable plus his addiction?

Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top