Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2019, 09:32 PM

Re: Positive thoughts on growing old

#1 One can get away with more. A LOT more.

#2 Police are nicer.

#3 Easy to get a seat on trains even if one has to blag it.

#4 When well turned out easier to get an upgrade on planes.

#5 One can carry a stick with a weighted handle and not get busted for carrying an
offensive weapon.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2019, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Oh, are you not seeing that lady friend any more?
Not at the moment Jazzi. I believe her daughter stirred things up against me.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2019, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Sorry. That wasn’t positive, it was depressing! If you think ‘old’ then you will become old. Age is all in the mind!

I’m not sure why people think when they get to a certain age that they are now certified as..... old.
I completely agree,Art....I don't feel old one bit...I used too...but my mind has changed.....

I guess we're young in the mind....no offence meant..just see it differently.
Xandra
United Kingdom
Xandra is female  Xandra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2019, 10:12 PM

I really appreciated your post Mups.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2019, 10:31 PM

That's lovely Mups. Thank you for sharing. Every age is part of the story of your life.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2019, 10:38 PM

I don't feel old in my head, it's my body that tells me I can't do some things now.
I do read whenever I want to, do housework when I feel like it, go to bed when I feel like it, dance on my own to the radio or TV. Just been dancing to the Abba program on channel 5. Watch what I like on TV, eat when I feel hungry, in fact do anything I like, but it's more to do with the fact that 3 years ago, after nearly 50 years I was a single lady again. Of course I still miss him, but I have more freedom to be me now.
Getting old is pants, but it's gonna happen anyway.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2019, 10:39 PM

We moved into our present home in a new development 50 years ago. Most of us were in our twenties and early thirties. Some have moved but some are still here. We have seen our children grow up and get married and have children of their own. Sadly some of the original neighbours have passed away in recent years.
Edit
Sorry, on rereading my post I can see it does not fit in with the title of this thread I can assure you I am maybe 80+ but I am certainly not waiting for the grim reaper to call
Savvy
United States
Savvy is male  Savvy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2019, 11:20 PM

What is better than growing old is growing old with your high school sweetheart. I am just proud to have made it this far.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2019, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
We moved into our present home in a new development 50 years ago. Most of us were in our twenties and early thirties. Some have moved but some are still here. We have seen our children grow up and get married and have children of their own. Sadly some of the original neighbours have passed away in recent years.
Edit
Sorry, on rereading my post I can see it does not fit in with the title of this thread I can assure you I am maybe 80+ but I am certainly not waiting for the grim reaper to call
The Reaper chappie probably holds the cards on that front.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2019, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
Edit
Yay! Actually someone older than me here.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top