Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2019, 05:06 PM

Re: Addressing a post.

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
I'm thinking of writing a book in which the main characters are traffic cones who discuss their own experiences of being used for prolonged and excessive periods on roads. There will also be stories about the demise of a few of them which have "died" due to the perennial Audi issue, as well as those who have been put out to pasture on grass verges.

Although way off topic, I have a proposition that there should a maximum total number of cones permitted to be in use at any one time, which would limit the number of road repairs and hence disruption to traffic.

The devil does indeed make work for (my) idle mind
That sounds fascinating Dex, might I be the first to secure a copy?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2019, 05:07 PM

Just another Post in the fence of life.....
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2019, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Actually I was Pauline, and 'No' most of the postmen and women from our delivery office who wear shorts year round do it for convenience......

How is it convenient compared to say, dungarees or cargo pants?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

12-11-2019, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
How is it convenient compared to say, dungarees or cargo pants?
Because when you're legs get wet they are dry very quickly, instead of walking around in wet trousers or long shorts for the rest of the day Besoeker....

And in shorter shorts the rain off you jacket doesn't soak into them because the jacket is longer than the shorts....
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2019, 08:45 PM

Because when you're legs get wet they are dry very quickly, instead of walking around in wet trousers or long shorts for the rest of the day Besoeker....

And in shorter shorts the rain off you jacket doesn't soak into them because the jacket is longer than the shorts....
Information appreciated OGF!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

12-11-2019, 08:48 PM

Information appreciated OGF!
No problem Besoeker.....
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2019, 08:53 PM

My postie,doesn't need to wear them on cold dry winter days...he looks stupid in them...the others don't wear them.

They look as if they have waterproofs on top of their trousers.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

12-11-2019, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
My postie,doesn't need to wear them on cold dry winter days...he looks stupid in them...the others don't wear them.

They look as if they have waterproofs on top of their trousers.
I had read that the shorts wearing was just a kind of who could do it longest into the cold season. Waterproofs would seem to be a more practical approach.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2019, 09:06 PM

I had read that the shorts wearing was just a kind of who could do it longest into the cold season. Waterproofs would seem to be a more practical approach.

I have also read that,some areas will not allow their postmen to wear shorts in the snow..due to them slipping and damaging their knees.(grazing them).plus frostbite..
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2019, 09:25 PM

I try to be polite and, where I can, be informative.
Me too but it's bloody difficult sometimes.

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top