Join for free
Page 13 of 20 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2019, 03:40 PM

Re: Things from your childhood that no one will know now

They dont do it now (thank goodness ) and anyway schools have high fences for security and to stop any would be perves leering at young girls.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2019, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
They dont do it now (thank goodness ) and anyway schools have high fences for security and to stop any would be perves leering at young girls.
There was no such thing as 'Perves' when I was a boy Muddy...
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2019, 08:29 PM

We had a tin bath...a horrible toilet outside in a shed...which didn't flush...a freezing cold house,with no central heating,just a coal fire...

I'm glad I had it fairly hard...I so appreciate what I have now..
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2019, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
We had a tin bath...a horrible toilet outside in a shed...which didn't flush...a freezing cold house,with no central heating,just a coal fire...

Yep, I had it much the same Pauline...But these days I go out for a run in just shorts and vest in the freezing cold rain and snow, splashing through icy water with a fierce north wind chilling me to the bone.....And as I close the door behind me, with numb legs and soaking wet kit sapping what little heat remains in this fatigued body, and walk into a centrally heated house, hot shower and honey covered porridge, I appreciate what I have more than anything in the world.....
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2019, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->

Indeed. We were never without a flush loo or a bath. Yes, we had a wood/coal fire in one room which also heated the water and an oven. The cat enjoyed that until one day the door was shut on it. It survived the experience .
No central heating.
No car.
No fridge.
No phone.
No television.

Somehow, we survived.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2019, 09:02 PM

I remember 'Dan Dare, Pilot Of The Future' being broadcast on Radio Luxembourg. My sister and I would sit right next to the radio listening to it. It was on shortwave and the signal would fade out right on the good bits ..and then come back again.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2019, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Indeed. We were never without a flush loo or a bath. Yes, we had a wood/coal fire in one room which also heated the water and an oven. The cat enjoyed that until one day the door was shut on it. It survived the experience .
No central heating.
No car.
No fridge.
No phone.
No television.

Somehow, we survived

I wonder how the youngsters today would survive without their cars, computers and mobiles phones?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2019, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I wonder how the youngsters today would survive without their cars, computers and mobiles phones?
The difference is that we didn't have that expectation. My concern is what they would get up to if these devices were to be taken away from them.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2019, 09:21 PM

Our outside "lavvy" was like this:

the hairy spiders in there were as big as your hands .....
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2019, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Milk at school break time in little bottles. In Summer warm, in Winter frozen, they couldn't have been good for you, could they?

That put me off milk or life. They always left the crate next to the radiator.

Page 13 of 20 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top