Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2019, 10:26 AM

Are you a tea totaller?

I am. I have not had an alcoholic drink since the last one.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2019, 10:32 AM

Re: Are you a tea totaller?

no, I suppose I will be one day when I'm old, well most people who like a drink stop drinking when they get old, but for now I still like a glass of wine on a night
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2019, 10:56 AM

I like the occasional glass of wine or champagne but reading recently about ‘wine skin’ has put me off.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2019, 11:08 AM

Are you a tea totaller?

More or less......Glass of red with my Sunday dinner leaves me staggering for the sofa....
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2019, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Are you a tea totaller?

More or less......Glass of red with my Sunday dinner leaves me staggering for the sofa....
lightweight
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2019, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I like the occasional glass of wine or champagne but reading recently about ‘wine skin’ has put me off.
What's 'Wine Skin' Arty.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

10-10-2019, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
lightweight
Hands up to that Lion Queen.....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2019, 11:45 AM

If I was still posting in the General Chat threads I would answer this thus:
No, I enjoy a social life and having a pint and a chat with my life long friends on a Saturday afternoon is essential, otherwise I'd only have social media forums full of imaginary people like myself to talk to. I also like a bottle of beer when I'm watching TV on a Friday night.
I drink no more than 8-10 units per week (5-6 pints), so I won't die of alcoholism, dehydration and kidney failure anytime soon hopefully.
Ironically, at the moment my life is paused indefinitely as regards anything approaching having more than half a pint of anything at all including water, so everything has ceased in the way of enjoyment and happiness.
But I don't post in the General Chat area anymore so that post was pointless as nobody will have seen it, including me who forgot I wrote it.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2019, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
What's 'Wine Skin' Arty.....
Foxy, It’s the detrimental affect that drinking wine has on your skin. It causes dryness to your skin, red patches.
l suppose, it’s a lesser affect of how an alcoholic’s skin goes but they end up with a blue nose and broken veins in their complexion.
Xandra
United Kingdom
Xandra is female  Xandra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2019, 12:21 PM

I have never drunk alcohol apart from two occasions when I was told I would like it. Once was wine and once was beer, They both tasted so dreadful that I was never further tempted.
Yes I will stick totally to tea.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top