Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2019, 10:39 AM

Turn the music off

Inspired by d00d's thread on 'Sugar sugar' (excellent song btw, whatever anyone says ).

Is there anyone you really, really cannot listen to on the radio? Sometimes the radio is just on and perhaps we are not really listening but who do you dislike so much that you have to find another channel or switch off?

For me, it's Robbie Williams. Whenever I hear his voice, I just see his stupid cross-eyed mad face and I have to switch off.

Sorry Rob.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2019, 10:51 AM

Re: Turn the music off

The Beatles, more specifically Paul McCartney or Adele.

Can't stand either!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2019, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
The Beatles, more specifically Paul McCartney or Adele.

Can't stand either!
Really?! You wouldn't have much else to listen to now if McCartney hadn't teamed up with Lennon all those years ago!
Each to their own though

Adele is the most vastly-overrated "singer" of the past 10 years. Her voice actually 'cracks' on those high notes. Wince-worthy!
Ed Sheeran ditto. Why on earth is he so popular?! Bob Dylan would turn in his grave if he were dead.
Can't stand the smug grin of Robbie either.
Rhianna is unintelligible, unlistenable dross.
All rap "music" since 1982. Failed singers all.
Never likes UB40. Ali Campbell? More like Red Red Whine!
Radiohead, Nirvana, Muse: Vastly overrated too.
And I don't understand opera.
And the absolutely abominable goody two shoes abhorration that is Cliff!! Aaaarrrrrggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
Ooo I'm upset now
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2019, 12:04 PM

Floydy.....And the absolutely abominable goody two shoes abhorration that is Cliff!! Aaaarrrrrggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
Gertcha I love my Cliff.

TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2019, 12:04 PM

Daniel O'Donnell.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2019, 12:08 PM

Some that spring to mind:

Amy Winehouse, Adele Adkins, Peter Andre, David Bowie, Madonna Ciccone, Leonard Cohen, Elvis Costello, Celine Dion, Bob Dylan, Bono, Johnny Cash, Tony Hadley, Whitney Houston, Joe Jackson, Tom Jones, Simon Le Bon, Nils Lofgren, Paul McCartney, Morrissey, Van Morrison, Gary Numan, Roy Orbison, Ozzy Osbourne, Feargal Sharkey, Ed Sheeran, Rod Stewart (Post-AC), Michael Stipe, Gordon Sumner, Cheryl Tweedy, Robbie Williams, Neil Young - all vastly overrated, IMO.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2019, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Some that spring to mind:

Amy Winehouse, Adele Adkins, David Bowie, Madonna Ciccone, Leonard Cohen, Elvis Costello, Bob Dylan, Bono, Johnny Cash, Tony Hadley, Whitney Houston, Joe Jackson, Simon Le Bon, Nils Lofgren, Paul McCartney, Morrissey, Van Morrison, Gary Numan, Roy Orbison, Ozzy Osbourne, Feargal Sharkey, Ed Sheeran, Rod Stewart (Post-AC), Michael Stipe, Gordon Sumner, Cheryl Tweedy, Robbie Williams, Neil Young - all vastly overrated, IMO.

and Cliff?
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2019, 12:22 PM

Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep, Long haired lover from Liverpool, Bob The Builder and similar irrelevant rubbish my Sugar Sugar 50th Birthday Celebration thread has been spammed with. Grrrr
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2019, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

Is there anyone you really, really cannot listen to on the radio? Sometimes the radio is just on and perhaps we are not really listening but who do you dislike so much that you have to find another channel or switch off?
The wireless I can switch off as soon as I find anything intrusive, but what really bugs me is the intrusively horrid background so called music most TV channels insist on adding to almost everything they broadcast and that is VERY intrusive when added to an interesting documentary. With age related hearing loss coupled with tinnitus, I need everything crystal clear and thoroughly audible. The commercial channels simply add it because they can but for both public service broadcasters to add it is an action too far in my opinion.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2019, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->

and Cliff?
Cliff's OK .....

I've never been an avid fan but I will concede that, over the years, his voice does not offend me and he has produced some classic singles .....

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top