Join for free
Page 12 of 16 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2019, 01:20 PM

Re: Local elections 2nd May - What's the plan?

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I still think spoiling your paper will mean the two main parties will get the votes.
How on earth can that work?

It sounds illegal to me, and if it is so, to which party do they assign my vote?
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2019, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

It sounds illegal to me, and if it is so, to which party do they assign my vote?
I think that TessA means that by making a protest vote and not voting for anyone, there is more chance that actual votes will go to the two main parties, not that your protest vote will be allocated to one of them.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2019, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
I hadn't thought about it like that, but when it's explained in those terms, it's obvious

Have you noticed that there has just been an election in Israel?

Bibi is Prime Minister for the 5th term in a row. That's what happens when you have a leader who supports his country and its people, something that never seems to occur to British politicians
Agreed!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2019, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
I think that TessA means that by making a protest vote and not voting for anyone, there is more chance that actual votes will go to the two main parties, not that your protest vote will be allocated to one of them.
Well yes, I can understand that.

The real problem is, of course, that so many people just vote for the party their dad used to vote for. They haven't got the intelligence to think for themselves.

There are some places (no names) where a turnip wearing a red rosette would be voted in!

In the long term, if the country goes round the U-bend, it will ultimately be the fault of the voting population.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2019, 10:46 AM

There are some places (no names) where a turnip wearing a red rosette would be voted in!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

14-04-2019, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Oi, I said that four days ago!

Mind you, I nicked it from someone else too!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2019, 09:17 AM

I think Mr Turnip is a candidate for my area.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2019, 09:27 AM

I had the local liberal party lady call the other day. That's the first time I have ever seen a councillor at my door.

She said she only got involved with local issues like when they tried to close down the indoor market and currently them trying to cut back on the bus services.
She said she was didn't want to talk about national politics as it was such a complete mess.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

18-04-2019, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I think Mr Turnip is a candidate for my area.
My turnip seems to agree with everything Mrs Mayhem says.

She's a 'yes woman'.

I shall not be voting for her in the next GE.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2019, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

Deleted by me.

Page 12 of 16 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top