Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2020, 08:32 PM

driving at night

Now that the clocks have gone back and it's getting dark earlier, I dread driving at night, The glare of headlights coming towards me , especially if there's a line of cars.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2020, 08:50 PM

Re: driving at night

Originally Posted by paula ->
Now that the clocks have gone back and it's getting dark earlier, I dread driving at night, The glare of headlights coming towards me , especially if there's a line of cars.
I had that problem when I was developing cataracts. That has resolved. Other issues now.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2020, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by paula ->
I drive at night using glasses that have amber-coloured lenses to reduce any glare. They make quite a bit of difference.

This sort of thing...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bloomoak-Po...s%2C174&sr=8-5
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2020, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I drive at night using glasses that have amber-coloured lenses to reduce any glare. They make quite a bit of difference.

This sort of thing...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bloomoak-Po...s%2C174&sr=8-5
Hi

Great things Judd.

I have problems finding them for my prescription glasses.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2020, 10:36 PM

Hi Paula

I too hate driving at night, it's about time someone invented headlamps that don't dazzle.

Those glasses our Judd suggested look good but I wear distance glasses for driving so they wouldn't be any good for me which is a real shame. If you don't wear glasses I think Judds suggestions is well worth buying.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2020, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Hi Paula

I too hate driving at night, it's about time someone invented headlamps that don't dazzle.

Those glasses our Judd suggested look good but I wear distance glasses for driving so they wouldn't be any good for me which is a real shame. If you don't wear glasses I think Judds suggestions is well worth buying.
Eat more carrots Lion Queen, you'll have better eyesight than a sh$thouse rat.....
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2020, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Eat more carrots Lion Queen, you'll have better eyesight than a sh$thouse rat.....
My Mother lied to me and now you are lying to me.............carrots do not make you see in the dark, I should know, I ate that many carrots I turned orange!!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2020, 11:00 PM

My Mother lied to me and now you are lying to me.............carrots do not make you see in the dark, I should know, I ate that many carrots I turned orange!!
They do help you see in the dark if you dry them out and set fire to them Lion Queen.....Burn for ages.....
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2020, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Great things Judd.

I have problems finding them for my prescription glasses.
You can buy the flip up type that click to your glasses.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire

26-10-2020, 11:14 PM

Hi Paula

See my post to Swimmy.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top