Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 11:04 AM

Re: driving at night

I've always hated night driving, but sometimes needs must. I just grit my teeth and get on with it. But not before I've tried to alter things so I don't have to do it.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I agree, and it's what I said in my post too Paula, they should be illegal. And why is it so many drivers who have those icy blue headlights don't even dip the darn things for oncoming traffic too! Grrr. .
Because they are all As holes who drive Audi's and BMW's Mups....I don't think those vehicles come with indicators either....
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 07:19 PM

The trick is not to look at the oncoming traffics headlights, try to focus on the road ahead that your lights illuminate
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by McpDmpKcP ->
sorry about the name they really didn't give me much of an option.
Hehe, I was thinking now how do you pronounce that.........Nice to meet you Mary, Mary it is if you don't mind. when I'm drunk it might be McpDmpKcP though hehe
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
See my post to Swimmy.
Ta our Judd. Need to look into getting some.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 10:04 PM

For those with prescription glasses, there are clip-on versions such as these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TERAISE-Sun...%2C219&sr=8-12
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
For those with prescription glasses, there are clip-on versions such as these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TERAISE-Sun...%2C219&sr=8-12
Isn't it illegal to drive wearing sunglasses after dark?
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 10:37 PM

Researchers at the Schepens Eye Research Institute (affiliated with Harvard Medical School) in Boston recently conducted a study to determine whether night driving glasses provide any visual benefit in simulated nighttime driving conditions.

A total of 22 adults in a wide range of ages participated in the study published in 2019. All participants "drove" in four simulated night-driving conditions, wearing either yellow-tinted night driving glasses or glasses with clear lenses.

Also, each participant drove in scenarios with and without a headlight glare simulator employed to mimic the effect of oncoming traffic.

In each scenario, the participants' reaction time to seeing a pedestrian walking alongside the simulated roadway was measured.

The study found that night driving glasses did not appear to improve pedestrian detection at night or reduce the negative effects of headlight glare on pedestrian detection performance.

“Our data suggest that wearing yellow lens glasses when driving at night does not improve performance in the most critical task: detection of pedestrians,” the study authors said.

“Instead, the data showed that wearing yellow lens glasses may slightly worsen performance, although that finding was not statistically significant.

"These findings do not appear to support having eye care professionals advise patients to use yellow-lens night-driving glasses," they concluded.

Found this ont web

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top