Join for free
Page 4 of 11 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
CandyCrunch
USA
CandyCrunch is female  CandyCrunch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 06:51 PM

Re: Least favorite childhood food!

Runny egg yolks then and now.
Brussels sprouts but outgrew that aversion long ago.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by CandyCrunch ->
Runny egg yolks then and now.
Brussels sprouts but outgrew that aversion long ago.
I’m also not a fan of runny egg yorks
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 07:16 PM

When I was young I picked up some kind of bug ( as kids do) and I somehow associated cucumber with making me feel worse or even making me ill, ( no, I don’t know either) so for years I couldn’t stand even the smell of it and anything bought , or served with cucumber was carefully picked out, I’m not so bad now and I can eat it in small quantities but it’s still not my favourite, my other weird food related thing is ( if you can still get them ), victory v gums, they remind me of the gas used at the dentist when I was a kid, I was always sick as a dog if I had to have gas, I still couldn’t eat one of those to this day....
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
When I was young I picked up some kind of bug ( as kids do) and I somehow associated cucumber with making me feel worse or even making me ill, ( no, I don’t know either) so for years I couldn’t stand even the smell of it and anything bought , or served with cucumber was carefully picked out, I’m not so bad now and I can eat it in small quantities but it’s still not my favourite, my other weird food related thing is ( if you can still get them ), victory v gums, they remind me of the gas used at the dentist when I was a kid, I was always sick as a dog if I had to have gas, I still couldn’t eat one of those to this day....
Cucumbers! How odd! At least you tolerate it somewhat now. There’s a certain local sweet that I don’t like, it reminds me of cough mixture-eeuw!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 07:56 PM

I had a bit of a surprise when I was in Turkey. I was expecting cauliflower. Instead, I was served sheep's brain. Once.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 08:06 PM

As a kid, I hated offal, tripe made me want to throw up.

But .... I lived in Portugal for a time in the 80s, fell in love with the place. The trad dishes are delish. They know how to cook this rubbish.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

27-10-2020, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
I had a bit of a surprise when I was in Turkey. I was expecting cauliflower. Instead, I was served sheep's brain. Once.
Did you eat it
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

27-10-2020, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
As a kid, I hated offal, tripe made me want to throw up.

But .... I lived in Portugal for a time in the 80s, fell in love with the place. The trad dishes are delish. They know how to cook this rubbish.
I also know how to cook that rubbish right
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

27-10-2020, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
as a kid, i hated offal, tripe made me want to throw up.

But .... I lived in portugal for a time in the 80s, fell in love with the place. The trad dishes are delish. They know how to cook this rubbish.
Click image for larger version

Name:	A29C5135-1A54-4AF6-832E-D6BE88E53F24.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	14004

The last time I cooked tripe. It’s good rubbish

Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
Did you eat it
Kinda had to. Circumstances. I also had chicken feet. It was a special treat served up for a family in Taiwan. Not exactly to my taste.........

Page 4 of 11 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top