Join for free
Page 20 of 20 « First < 10 18 19 20
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2020, 10:26 PM

Re: A REAL Reason to Avoid a Smart Meter

We have got used to social distancing and masks, a bit of darkness should be doddle.

New Reality?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2020, 11:13 PM

Re: A REAL Reason to Avoid a Smart Meter

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Realise you've posted a link somewhere there Bruce but could you confirm to which period the graph relates? I'm asking because I reckon Covid has changed that graph substantially and we may never go back to that particular shape. Just my prediction.
You are probably right, that curve was typical pre covid but who can predict?

In Australia with 30% of the working population now working from home there are dire predictions that the increased use of home air con will strain the grid during the summer (our power usage is higher during summer ie the opposite of yours)

According to a news report last night people working from home has not been such feature in the UK with Boris encouraging people to return to work. Here it has led to deserted CBDs and once thriving businesses, like gyms and coffee shops, struggling badly not to mention plummetting CBD rents and over supply of office space.

As an aside the use of roof top solar has thrown the grid here into disarray with generation during the day being shut down. Now people are being encouraged to face their panels east and/or west rather than north to cover the morning and evening peaks.

Page 20 of 20 « First < 10 18 19 20

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top