Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 09:15 AM

Re: Embarrassing moments.

Originally Posted by susan m ->
So , I was on a train going to London to stay with my sister. The carriage had about 4 people in , a few seats from me a handsome man In his late 40s . I needed the loo , so made my way across the wobbly carriage into the corridor area. Opened the loo door , as you know they are very small and the train was wobbly and bumpy . I was wearing a full length gypsy skirt with many layers , I was concerned as the floor was wet so lifted the long layered skirt up into my arms , as the seat was wet I could not and would not sit , so trying desperately to hold myself steady and with my bundled skirt up on my arms I tried to pee .......

The train rocking and bumping and noisy when the toilet door burst open and the handsome man from my carriage apologised and hurriedly slammed the door shut . I was so embarrassed as I made my way back into my carriage and found my seat again . I could not look into his beautiful eyes for the next 2 hours .
Oh my word, that’s horrifying! I don’t know who was more embarrassed, you or your handsome guy!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 10:07 AM

We shop locally, butcher, baker, fruit & veg. But about once a month we take the car to a major supermarket to stock up on stuff, a big Tesco usually. Ms d00d quite likes it there, knows her way around, but there's a bloke we bump into sometimes a pompous old git, an ex-colleague of mine, rather talkative.

It was about six months ago at the height of corona scare, there was talk of shops maybe having to close. There was panic buying! We were there: couscous, just in case, the pasta shelves were cleared, no wait there's four packs of tagliatelle on top of a pallet of silverspoon, we'll take one of those, nah we'll take all four, just in case.

James old boy! how the devil ... (pompous old git), he was there, we exchanges elbows. Ms d00d had done U turn, I was left to get an earful about the state of the nation ....

"... and what is wrong with these people, toilet paper, why on earth, they say the sport has origins in australia, I heard about it on the bbc now I'm witnessing it with my own eyes, will you just look at that!", he pointed to a trolleyful of andrex at the end of the aisle. "Madness, and so selfish, there must be plenty to go round, and why toilet paper of all things, if the end is nigh I'll have ... "

"Ahem, James, great to see you, love to family, must dash", and gestured toward Mrs d00d who was waiting at the end of the aisle with her trolley, as I approached I realised she was clearly in possession of a second trolley, it was loaded with andrex! She was waiting for me to push it past shoppers, staring in disbelief at empty shelves, to the end of the queue for the checkout.

James was two queues to my right, I had my back to him now, clearly oblivious to his presence.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
We shop locally, butcher, baker, fruit & veg. But about once a month we take the car to a major supermarket to stock up on stuff, a big Tesco usually. Ms d00d quite likes it there, knows her way around, but there's a bloke we bump into sometimes a pompous old git, an ex-colleague of mine, rather talkative.

It was about six months ago at the height of corona scare, there was talk of shops maybe having to close. There was panic buying! We were there: couscous, just in case, the pasta shelves were cleared, no wait there's four packs of tagliatelle on top of a pallet of silverspoon, we'll take one of those, nah we'll take all four, just in case.

James old boy! how the devil ... (pompous old git), he was there, we exchanges elbows. Ms d00d had done U turn, I was left to get an earful about the state of the nation ....

"... and what is wrong with these people, toilet paper, why on earth, they say the sport has origins in australia, I heard about it on the bbc now I'm witnessing it with my own eyes, will you just look at that!", he pointed to a trolleyful of andrex at the end of the aisle. "Madness, and so selfish, there must be plenty to go round, and why toilet paper of all things, if the end is nigh I'll have ... "

"Ahem, James, great to see you, love to family, must dash", and gestured toward Mrs d00d who was waiting at the end of the aisle with her trolley, as I approached I realised she was clearly in possession of a second trolley, it was loaded with andrex! She was waiting for me to push it past shoppers, staring in disbelief at empty shelves, to the end of the queue for the checkout.

James was two queues to my right, I had my back to him now, clearly oblivious to his presence.
So James married you and the andrex trolley? Maybe you can sell some off on e-bay!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
So James married you and the andrex trolley? Maybe you can sell some off on e-bay!
We're expecting a second wave 😐
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

27-10-2020, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
We're expecting a second wave 😐
Mr DooD this is turning into another toilet paper thread and it wasn’t me
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 02:44 PM

As I typed this ordeal out, I thought how far women have come in the workplace!
Yes, it does happen.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 02:53 PM

I once fell from the top of a twenty storey building, landed in the street below and was out cold for a while. As I awoke, I noticed a large crowd had gathered around me and someone asked me what had happened. I replied 'I don't know, I've only just got here.'
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

27-10-2020, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I once fell from the top of a twenty storey building, landed in the street below and was out cold for a while. As I awoke, I noticed a large crowd had gathered around me and someone asked me what had happened. I replied 'I don't know, I've only just got here.'
I hope no serious damage was done. Your response to the concerned onlookers is hilarious ! Could be straight out of a comedy show
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 03:16 PM

You were and probably still are very dedicated to the task at hand. So, no broken bones just an injured ego?
Dislocated shoulder, arm in a sling, cuts and scratches. That's was in August. My wedding was in September.......
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

27-10-2020, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Dislocated shoulder, arm in a sling, cuts and scratches. That's was in August. My wedding was in September.......
Oh my word! You worked all night with a dislocated shoulder? So, your wedding pictures show you in a sling? How awful! And no fun on your honeymoon either! It’s true then what they say about you Scots!

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top