Join for free
Page 7 of 11 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 09:32 PM

Re: Least favorite childhood food!

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Burns was a rude old sod. Google "Merry Muses of Caledonia".
Ok, I am on it, I’ll let you know
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Burns was a rude old sod. Google "Merry Muses of Caledonia".
And vary articulate.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
Ok, I am on it, I’ll let you know
Can you ever- a red blooded man who was a poet! How extraordinary! Such a complex character- it would have been an honor to meet him but I remember him at the stroke of midnight as we say goodbye to the old year and welcome the New Year
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

27-10-2020, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
And vary articulate.
Yes, he was extraordinary I understand every line of this poem!
Ken ye na Oor Lass, Bess?
ken ye na oor lass, Bess?
An ken ye na oor lass, Bess?
Between her lily white thies
She’s biggit a magpie’s nest.
An ken ye na oor lad, Tam?
He’s on o a three-fitted stool,
An up to the nest he clamb.
An what did he there, think ye?
He brak a’ the eggs o the nest,
An the white’s ran doun her thie
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2020, 11:50 AM

Same as now frankly. Cabbage, Broccolli, cauliflower... actually any veggie, I rarely eat veggies at all with the occasional exception of potato, carrots, peas and sweet corn. I prefer rice to potato

When I was young if cabbage was put on the plate I wouldn't eat anything on the plate, these days I would just scrape it into the bin.

I do eat veggies in Chinese or Thai food, perhaps the European way of preparing veggies is too boring?
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

28-10-2020, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Same as now frankly. Cabbage, Broccolli, cauliflower... actually any veggie, I rarely eat veggies at all with the occasional exception of potato, carrots, peas and sweet corn. I prefer rice to potato

When I was young if cabbage was put on the plate I wouldn't eat anything on the plate, these days I would just scrape it into the bin.

I do eat veggies in Chinese or Thai food, perhaps the European way of preparing veggies is too boring?
Oh definitely have to try veggies the way I make them in mild spices-absolutely divine and another dimension of flavor!
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2020, 04:37 PM

I always hated milk and butter still do can't stand the taste. when we were in primary school, everyone had a small bottle of milk ,just before playtime, when we finished our milk we could go outside, one day everyone was finished and gone out except me, so I left the milk and went out too. when playtime was over and we came back in, the teacher was waiting and wanted to know who hadn't finished their milk, when no one put their hand up..she said I could have it...oh yuk ...but I like haggis
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2020, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Ooh No, Dongle
I also, couldn't eat heart, kidney or liver if you paid me.

At school they used to make us sit there until we'd finished whether we liked what was on our plate or not. We weren't allowed to leave food.
There were 2 things I couldn't bear. One was Semolina (lumps and all), and the other one I couldn't even look at let alone eat, was Beetroot.
I used to bawl me eyes out when I was the only one left sitting in that dining hall all on my own, but I couldn't eat it without gagging.

One day Mum told me to hide it in my hanky and dispose of it later, but one horrid girl saw me and reported me, and I got sent to the Headmistress, so was in more trouble. They'd never get away with treating kids like that these days.

To this day, I can't bear beetroot and the way it stains everything on the plate red. Aaaggghhhh . .
Mups that reminds me of my school dinner days .
I used to sit with that horrible mash through two sittings and missed playtime until a merciful dinner lady would take it away one after the teacher had gone . The head mistress was always telling me off for it and wrote home to my parents . You are right how could they be so mean to a little kid I was only seven years old .
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2020, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
Yes, he was extraordinary I understand every line of this poem!
Ken ye na Oor Lass, Bess?
ken ye na oor lass, Bess?
An ken ye na oor lass, Bess?
Between her lily white thies
She’s biggit a magpie’s nest.
He’s on o a three-fitted stool,
An up to the nest he clamb.
He brak a’ the eggs o the nest,
An the white’s ran doun her thie
Now there's a thing..............
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

28-10-2020, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by paula ->
I always hated milk and butter still do can't stand the taste. when we were in primary school, everyone had a small bottle of milk ,just before playtime, when we finished our milk we could go outside, one day everyone was finished and gone out except me, so I left the milk and went out too. when playtime was over and we came back in, the teacher was waiting and wanted to know who hadn't finished their milk, when no one put their hand up..she said I could have it...oh yuk ...but I like haggis
I can’t drink milk either - it’s just gross!

Page 7 of 11 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top