Join for free
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2013, 11:22 AM

Your Lifespan & Ageing Can Be Revealed

How long you are likely to live and how well you age could soon be determined by a blood test:

http://articles.timesofindia.indiati...onological-age

Would you want to know this information?

What would it do to a person's insurance prospects?

Are some things best left to the realms of the unknown?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2013, 11:27 AM

Re: Your Lifespan & Ageing Can Be Revealed

Wouldn't want to know gal .......
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2013, 11:47 AM

I wouldn't like to know how much I have left in the bank of life, I think if you knew you would become obsessed with it, not fair on your family either to have to watch you going around miserable all the time waiting for the grim reaper to knock. No thanks, but I'm sure the life insurance people will find it very interesting, the test might even become compulsory or perhaps an "Opt out" clause streamrolled in by the government for pensioners, if you dont take the test you dont get the pension.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2013, 11:51 AM

It does say, right at the end of the article, that stress causes heart disease (and raises cholesterol by the way) so surely knowing something seriously negative would raise your stress levels and wouldn't the whole thing then become a self-fulfilling prophecy?

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I'm sure the life insurance people will find it very interesting, the test might even become compulsory or perhaps an "Opt out" clause streamrolled in by the government for pensioners, if you dont take the test you dont get the pension.
Good points - that would worry me that it could become compulsory; remember the hysteria about AIDS and insurance?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top