Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2013, 10:36 PM

Your PM is not running the country, but a taxi

Good idea or just a stunt, Norwegian PM goes undercover to get voters views.
At least he is trying something new.

See Here
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2013, 06:18 AM

Re: Your PM is not running the country, but a taxi

From what I have seen recently of Norway, its people and its Royalty, love everything about it .....
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2013, 08:13 AM

Not according to the opinion polls Pats, they obviously want his party out.
Having said that I put the article on because, I thought you wouldn't get any of our clowns doing that, they are all out of touch with the people!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2013, 08:20 AM

Undercover or not it wouldn't be safe for ours to do that, idiot people would make it too dangerous for them to even try it.

But isn't this what they have advisers for ? people who do know what is happening to tell them what people think of them etc ?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2013, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
Not according to the opinion polls Pats, they obviously want his party out.
Having said that I put the article on because, I thought you wouldn't get any of our clowns doing that, they are all out of touch with the people!
Dont know much about the politics there - just like what I have seen so far ....
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.

12-08-2013, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Undercover or not it wouldn't be safe for ours to do that, idiot people would make it too dangerous for them to even try it.

But isn't this what they have advisers for ? people who do know what is happening to tell them what people think of them etc ?
I agree Julie, but can you trust advisers, after Blair was advised that Saddam had chemical weapons.
If I was PM I would not trust anybody, people all about you out to discredit you in someway.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2013, 10:21 AM

Was that advisers though or intelligence services ?

it cannot be beyond the capabilities of the PM's to find people who can tell him what he needs to know surely, although I guess in this country finding two factions who agree would be hard. We seem to have those for and against benefits, those for and against sending aid abroad, those for and against just about anything. Who should he listen to ?

This is the problem with our political system it is so viciously one against another, no consensus is ever reached on anything.

Instead of doing what is right fort he country we get sucked into what is right for one side or the other or what will get the PM re-elected most easily.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2013, 10:24 AM

Well I like the fact that he didn't feel he was 'too grand and important' to drive a taxi and agreeing to do that, showed he cares about the opinions of the man in the street - maybe he doesn't trust his advisers to give him the full story! Good on him!
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2013, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I guess in this country finding two factions who agree would be hard. We seem to have those for and against benefits, those for and against sending aid abroad, those for and against just about anything. Who should he listen to ?

This is the problem with our political system it is so viciously one against another, no consensus is ever reached on anything.

Instead of doing what is right fort he country we get sucked into what is right for one side or the other or what will get the PM re-elected most easily.
So very true - it's all about getting into power and staying there rather than what is good for Britain and its people. It's probably that behaviour (playing tit-for-tat rather than doing what everyone else knows needs doing but point scoring seems more important to them) that puts people off voting or even being interested anymore.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

12-08-2013, 10:28 AM

What would be better IMO is make sure all politicians are drawn from all areas of life, make them have a job for a few years before being elected and perhaps make politics part time so they carry on working alongside their constituents everyday. At the moment we have a lot of career politicians who must be re-elected as they have no job to return to or any skills to offer a real life job ! What do they know of the problems we all face ?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top