Join for free
Page 538 of 549 « First < 38 438 488 528 536 537 538 539 540 548 > Last »
tootsweet
Chatterbox
Sydney, Australia
tootsweet is female  tootsweet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 12:45 AM

Re: Pictures you love

Early morning sentinel
By Kirsty Maclean · · From Pic of the Week
I love the detail of his whiskers and the intensity in his eyes, ears and nostrils as the morning sun starts to drench the trees behind – the only thing that is drenching the trees at the moment.
Published a day ago. Moonie QLD 4406
tootsweet
Chatterbox
Sydney, Australia
tootsweet is female  tootsweet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 12:45 AM

Inflight!
By Belindaloue · · From Pic of the Week
I walk most mornings and take a photo of this view so I can create a collage one day of all the photos.
This morning I took a photo which is sure to be the favourite for years to come.
Very lucky shot.
Published 2 days ago. Wollongong NSW 2500

Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by tootsweet ->
Thanks Ruthio

Only 1% of visitors get to see rain on Uluru
By Lexa Harpell · · From Pic of the Week
Visitors to Uluru have a mental image of Uluru long before they arrive at this iconic 'rock'. Dramatic changing hues of orange and red with a vibrant blue sky backdrop of the most photographed monolith in the world.
I had some reservations visiting Uluru as I'd seen millions of images and thought it may be a let down. Oh how I was wrong!
Driving to Uluru is undoubtedly an epic journey from any point within Australia. With just two days to go, I heard on the radio that it had rained on Uluru that day! This made my heart jump! Seeing waterfalls cascading down the rock face is a rare event. Only 1% of visitors get to witness this sight and all of a sudden my reservations vanished.
Then the feeling of elation slumped when I realised I still had two days of driving to go. The next radio weather update was expecting more rain. My emotions rose again, so I decided to cram two days of driving into one.
The sky was overcast with patches of rain puddles as I arrived late afternoon, yet no actual rain. I found a campsite with a bit of a heavy heart.
Within the hour, dark clouds loomed with the promise of rain. My excitement rose once again then quickly slumped when I realised it was almost night time and I had learnt the waterfalls only last around an hour after the rain and it was now too dark to see them.
All of a sudden the sky light up with lightening bolts. The sky filled with rapid brilliant white bolts sent from the clouds heading down in search of the earth. It was the most spectacular display lasting for a full five hours. It was an incredible awe-inspiring moment. Mother nature at her best.
My emotions were mixed as I was still hoping for more rain the following day. Waking very early I drove to a close vantage point whilst it was still darkish and a heavy mist shrouded Uluru. As light began to illuminate the sky, the mist began to roll away revealing remnants of the prior night's rain trickling down the purple and brown hues of the rock face.
My roller coaster of emotions was exciting with the anticipations and I got to witness a rare event on Uluru.
Published 14 hours ago. Petermann NT 0872
The only time I visited it was raining so hard the water was cascading down the side like Niagara Falls.Needless to say we couldn't go up which I was secretly relieved about.
Thanks for the pics,I see they have made you a legend.Quite right too.
tootsweet
Chatterbox
Sydney, Australia

08-05-2019, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
The only time I visited it was raining so hard the water was cascading down the side like Niagara Falls.Needless to say we couldn't go up which I was secretly relieved about.
Thanks for the pics,I see they have made you a legend.Quite right too.
You lucky thing seeing it in the rain, I didn't climb either and it wasn't raining lol but enjoyed the walk around. Thanks for the compliment.
tootsweet
Chatterbox
Sydney, Australia

08-05-2019, 12:41 AM

I am a Cattleman
By Lexa Harpell · · From Pic of the Week

This man was a very proud third generation cattleman in the Top End of Australia.
I met him whilst interviewing a collection of people around Australia who created the foundation of modern Australia with their hands. A generation we shall never see the likes of again and a generation we owe much to.
Travelling through the Outback, older station owners and drovers spoke with such high regard of the Aboriginal cattlemen who were pivotal to the high success of the Australian cattle industry. Something we never learnt at school.....sadly.
"They instinctively knew the land, skilled horsemen and learnt quickly and many were smarter than some head drovers..." quote
Published 14 hours ago. Mataranka NT 0852

tootsweet
Chatterbox
Sydney, Australia

08-05-2019, 12:42 AM

Dinner under the stars on fire
By Sam Dungey · · From Pic of the Week
We attended the dinner under the stars at Uluru when a grass fire spread through the area. We were just heading to look at the field of light show as the grass fire headed our way. I managed to snap this pick before we were ushered away to safety by the staff.
Published 14 hours ago. Petermann NT 0872

tootsweet
Chatterbox
Sydney, Australia

08-05-2019, 12:43 AM

Loch Ard Gorge
Posted 51 minutes ago
The colours of pre-dawn at Loch Ard Gorge on Victoria's Great Ocean Road.
ABC Open contributor Sam Abell

Richmond
United Kingdom
Richmond is female  Richmond has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by tootsweet ->
Early morning sentinel
By Kirsty Maclean · · From Pic of the Week
I love the detail of his whiskers and the intensity in his eyes, ears and nostrils as the morning sun starts to drench the trees behind – the only thing that is drenching the trees at the moment.
Published a day ago. Moonie QLD 4406
Beautiful beast - great expression and photo
tootsweet
Chatterbox
Sydney, Australia

09-05-2019, 12:33 AM

Agree Richmond, a beautiful beast.
tootsweet
Chatterbox
Sydney, Australia

09-05-2019, 12:33 AM

Ashburton River
Posted 51 minutes ago
The colours of dusk reflect on the Ashburton River in the Pilbara, Western Australia.
ABC Open contributor Kylie McKay

Page 538 of 549 « First < 38 438 488 528 536 537 538 539 540 548 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top